Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Stampin Up! Heartland Birthday Card for Amy's Inkin' Krew Blog Hop


Welcome to our monthly Inkin' Krew Blog Hop.   Our very talented team is doing a blog hop featuring Stampin’ Up! products. This month we are all creating projects with a “birthday” theme and I’m featuring the Heartland stamp set from the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog my birthday card. This will be an addition to the set I created last week.

 


My card base is Garden Green card stock. I stamped the images from my Heartland Stamp Set in Memento Tuxedo Black on a panel of Very Vanilla card stock. I stamped the greeting with a stamp from the Beautiful Bouquet Stamp Set. I used my Garden Green watercolor pencil and Blender Pen to color the trees and grass. I colored the dog with my Light Crumb Cake Blends. Then I ran the panel through my embossing machine using the Pinewood Planks embossing folder. That folder has retired but I just thought it went great with the barn.

On the inside I stamped another image from the Heartland set. The sentiment is a SU wood mount stamp from 2001, which was in Carole's stash.


The image is stamped in Basic Gray and the sentiment in Garden Green.

I am entering my card in three challenges:



3. Double Trouble Challenge #30 -- This is one of my fave sites because it's so much fun. I've completed all 3 things. "Stencil/Embossed Background" with 
Optional Twist "Critter found on a Farm"
with 2 Crafty Critter Crazies "Critters"

Thank you so much for visiting today. I hope you have fun hopping to the rest of the Krew's blogs. It will be worth your while. Clicking on the "Previous" button will take you to Jaimie Babarczy and the "Next" button will take you to Karen Ksenzakovic. You can also click on the individual names.



Jaimie Babarczy
Karen Finkle - you are here!
Karen Ksenzakovic
Shirley Gentry
Connie Troyer
Mary Deatherage
Sue Prather
Akiko Sudano
Amy Koenders

19 comments:

  1. Love the woodgrain embossing! Perfect with your barn image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great masculine card Karen :) I'm actually working with the same set for my card for tomorrow. Love how you used just a touch of color

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Karen!. I am re-making mine, didn't like the way it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great masculine card and love the embossed background with your farm stamps and favorite farm animal "dogs/puppies"..love the touch of color. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and 2 Crafting Critter Crazies. Hope you join us again for future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment, Suzanne. You know I love your challenge site.

      Delete
  5. Great card! Love the image over the embossed panel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love the embossing! Love the stamp! Great card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Crafty Gals Corner Challenges this week. Be sure to join us next time too!
    Blessings,
    CGC DT
    Scrapbookingmamaw {My Blog}
    Crafty Gals Corner Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment on behalf of CGC, Jeanie.

      Delete
  7. Love the barn wood embossing with the scene you created. Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble....glad we're one of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great images! I love the embossing you used with them; perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great embossed card, Karen! I follow Amy's Inkin' Crew regularly and enjoy your creations. (Isn't Amy just the best?) This card would lend itself to numerous occasions and I know a few of my family members who would enjoy receiving it. We are so glad you enjoy our challenges and thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #30.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Melanie. Amy IS the best! and Double Trouble is the best too!So much fun with the twists, etc.

      Delete
  10. Love the rich texture with the woodgrain embossing folder! Very sweet country scene! Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...