Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Stampin' Up!Dandelion Wishes Get Well Card

Welcome to Taraxacum Tuesday! Do you know what Taraxacum stands for? "dandelion flower head composed of numerous small florets (top). ... Taraxacum (/təˈræksəkʊm/) is a large genus of flowering plants in the family Asteraceae, which consists of species commonly known as dandelions." That's according to Wikipedia. I did not know that and the only reason I looked it up was so I could play at The Paper Players PP442 and follow the CAS and plant themes! Thank you, Laurie, for the great challenge.


I masked off the two sides and sponged the bottom middle section lightly with Granny Apple Green. I sponged the top part heavier with Balmy Blue. I love this technique. I removed the masks and stamped the dandelion from Stampin' Up! Dandelion Wishes in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink

Unfortunately, but maybe fortunately, I had some ink smudges on the base of the card (it's a one layer card). I could have redone the front on a mat and adhered it but I chose to use my Rhinestone Basic Jewels and I colored them with a Black Sharpie! Two covered the smudges and one served as the center of the plant flower :-)

Bingo, the card front was done. Thank you Connie Stewart for the masking idea.

Thank you for stopping by today.

10 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful Karen :) I love this set, I'm so happy it's carrying over

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen...me too! I have used it alot this past week.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Your sponging looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. Sponging is my favorite technique.

      Delete
  3. Love it! One of my favorite stamp sets and I just love how you used it. And your great embellishment SAVE!! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Yes, embellishments are card-savers!

      Delete
  4. LOVE this...your sponging is spot-on!!! And your save was a good one too....I just hate when I smudge stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne. I'm always happy when there's a fix!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, Karen! I love the sponged background. Not only were the rhinestones a great save...they are perfectly placed! My smudges are usually in awkward places :) Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...