Saturday, May 4, 2019

Stampin' Up! Fable Friends

Thursday's card group met at Meg's for a delicious light lunch. I'm not sure what her definition of light is but I felt like I gained 5 pounds with the wonderful chocolate pie she made! She makes the best pie crust! With that being said, we had enough energy to make three cards. The one I chose to show you today is done in my favorite color...



I was not going to order this stamp set, but since it is carrying over to the new catalog, I need to have it!

The card base is Gorgeous Grape with a piece of Highland Heather Gingham Gala paper adhered to a Whisper White mat. She had all the paper pieces cut for us so all we had to do was stamp the rabbit, grass and sentiment, color, die cut and add the embellishments. We used Memento Tuxedo Black ink and Stampin' Blends.

I finished the inside with a sentiment from Forever Lovely, stamped in Gorgeous Grape, punched with the Detailed Trio punch and added a strip of the DSP.



I'm entering my card in the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #26. If you have time, check out their site...there's a lot of cute critters, especially the Forest Mouse!

Also, I have fallen in love with Double Trouble Paper Crafting's challenge. This time I'm entering challenge #28. Thing 1 Trouble Maker wants something to do with spring...my front sentiment fits that for sure! AND we see lots of bunnies in the spring. Thing 2 Double Dare requires a food/drink theme to play at Three Amigos Blog Hop Challenge. Now here is where I see how much trouble I can get into. Bunnies, a/k/a rabbits, a/k/a Hassenpfeffer Stew!! Forgive me bunnies but you do taste delicious, especially when cooked in wine. See, I covered food and drink!! I am of German descent so I must provide you with the recipe. Hassenpfeffer. Let me know if you try it! Oh, and I hope the Three Amigos will think out of the box with me on this!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll come visit again tomorrow. 

14 comments:

  1. Cute image and love your layout and all the purple accents...fun and adorable card. Thanks for sharing this with us at Double Trouble and please come back for some more fun with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just saw your comment "about being out of the box", and went back and read your blog to see why. It is a nice spring card and fit our requirement; but I couldn't give you "Food and Drink". Please don't be offended but it didn't scream drink and food to me, but it did scream Spring. I am of German decent too; and maybe my family put Hassenpfeffer on the table and I just didn't know about it because my grandfather raised bunnies and they were always too cute to consider food. Maybe some of that chicken we enjoyed so often at my grandparents was rabbit...lol. I'm kinda an out of the box person "Kentucky Fried Chicken" that is, but don't be afraid to do out of the box in the future. Love your spring card.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Suzanne, and I am not offended. I am pleased that you responded! We had bunnies for pets too and they were not for food. I wouldn't even cook any from a grocery store. We went to a missionary's house and she had prepared it so I had no choice but to be polite :-)

      Delete
  2. Cute bunny! Love the gingham paper under the main image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card! Love that stamp set, though I don't use it often. Probably won't try the hassenpfeffer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I love the images from this set...reminds me of Beatrix Potter books.

      Delete
  5. A sweet card with gingham - always a winning combination. Thanks for joining us at 2CCC, hope to see you again soon, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment, Carol, and I'll be back!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for playing along with Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...