Friday, May 3, 2019

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala

Happy Friday, peeps. I needed a sympathy card for a neighbor who lost her sister about a month ago. I remembered how much I appreciated receiving some cards a month after I Perry passed. It is never too late to send a card letting a person know you care. I followed the design of a card sent to me by one of my team mates. The theme at Just Add Ink #455 is  sympathy so I am entering their challenge with my card.

My color inspiration came from Color Throwdown CTD541.

There is just something special about pink, brown, black and white for me. I also love it with navy but that's not the challenge here!


My card base is Basic Black card stock with an embossed mat of Blushing Bride. I used the retired Fluttering folder from SU. I layered the art panel with a square of retired Chocolate Chip card stock, a square of Basic Black and the 1 5/8" Stitched Shape square framelit in Whisper White. 

The butterfly is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink on a scrap of Blushing Bride and punched out with the Butterfly Duet punch. I hand cut my banners and stamped the sentiment with Versa Mark Ink then heat embossed it with Gina K's Rose Gold Embossing Powder. Everything is adhered with Tombow Multipurpose Liquid Glue.

Before I adhered the card front to the base, I wrapped a piece of soon-to-be-retired black shimmer ribbon to it and tied a faux bow. That ribbon is so beautiful in real life!

I'm playing for the second time at Make My Monday Challenge #95 Wings.

Thank you for stopping by today and if you would like the measurements, just leave me a comment with your email and I'll get back to you asap.

Partial Product List:

14 comments:

  1. So pretty - and yes, your friend will appreciate the love behind this work of the heart! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary. It went out in the mail today.

      Delete
  2. Love the embossed butterflies on the background. Pretty layering too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card- sorry for your neighbor! So happy you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you echo your butterfly focal element in your background and add texture at the same time Karen! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I just love how you popped these beauties off the card front with black. Wonderful card!! Thank you for playing with us at the Make My Monday Challenge and hope you join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. I will certainly visit MMM again!

      Delete
  7. A very beautiful sympathy greeting and one that will brighten your neighbor's day! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card, I really like the embossed background that goes well with your butterfly theme. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...