Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Stampin' Up! By the Tide, From Land to Sea and Well Scripted Birthday Card

Does the title of my post sound vaguely familiar? Good, then you are paying attention! I posted a similar card Saturday.

Today's card uses different colors and a fix for a mistake! First I'll show you the fixed card...


and here's the mistake, do you see it?



Yep, I wasn't able to line up the sentiment perfectly so it is a double image. Usually, I'm okay with that but not this time.

I used the Pretty Label punch to cover up my boo boo BUT I had to trim it because it hung off the bottom. I really didn't want to put the card in the circular file. And guess what? It's been sold already!

I used the new Seaside Spray 2019-2020 In Color, which will be available in the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog June 4, to stamp the images. I sponged with Pool Party and stamped the sentiment in Pool Party...the first time! It didn't show up too well on the Calypso Coral coral so I tried to re-stamp with Night of Navy! I do love the way the seahorse appears to be floating!

The retiform technique is undoubtedly my favorite way of creating, but enough is enough! Time to move on...but before I do, let's enter this card at A Place to Start!

Thanks for stopping by and have a terrific Tuesday.


8 comments:

  1. Fun - and pretty! - card! And good fix for your oopsie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary. I don't mind "oopsies" when they are fixable! Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  2. As we say, in crafting there are no mistakes just happy accidents! Great fix and a wonderful technique. You did a great job of blending the colors. Thanks so much for sharing your fun card and technique with us at A Place to Start!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    A Place To Start Challenge Blog
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chana, for visiting and leaving a comment. It was my pleasure to share.

      Delete
  3. Love the second version, especially. The seahorse section looks like it is floating. Haven't used the retiform technique in ages. Thanks for reminding us how beautiful it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. Thought the double-image sentiment was intentional! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I liked it but my son didn't and he critiques my cards that are for sale :-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...