Saturday, April 20, 2019

Stampin' Up! You're Inspiring

Hello my peeps. I've started on my Easter cards for next year! I was inspired by the colors at Just Us Girls #484 and by the sketch at Sketch Saturday #560.


I love orange, yellow and green. The sketch through me for a little while but then I think I got it all to come together. Let's take a look see...


All the elements of the sketch are there, just in a slightly different orientation.

I had scraps of paper laying on my desk so I just ran with them. The DSP is from Delightful Daisy. 

The Basket Weave DTIEF is one of my favorites and I'm glad it's carrying over to the new catalog. I think it gave an Old Olive mat a little lift to mimic the three separate pieces on the sketch. 

I wanted to use the You're Inspiring daffodil stamp (retiring in May), thus the change in the orientation of the oval. I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Daffodil Delight and Old Olive Dark and Light Blends. I die cut it with one of the ovals from Layering Ovals. 

The art panel is adhered with mini dimensionals to a piece of Grapefruit Grove, cut out with one of the Stitched Shape Dies. I added an Old Olive Linen Thread bow (retiring in May) and an already retired wood butterfly from the 2019 Sale-A-Bration promotion. The sentiment is stamped in Daffodil Delight.

Thank you for stopping by and Happy Easter to y'all.



Partial Product List

6 comments:

  1. Pretty! Maybe I should take a page from your notebook and start my cards for the next year right after whatever holiday just passed. maybe then I would get them done in time!! But, Iwould probably lose them. HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I actually wanted it to be a thank you card but the Easter sentiment was right there!

      Delete
  2. Pretty card Karen! love the embossed panel under those daffodils. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. I can't figure out why that panel looks more like Mossy Meadow. I need more lighting when I take my pics I think.

      Delete
  3. What lovely flowers! I love that basketweave panel underneath. Nicely done and thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on behalf of JUGs, Riaann.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...