Sunday, April 28, 2019

Stampin' Up! Weather Together Meets Gorgeous Grunge

It's a splendid Sunday here in southwest Florida but my card today shows anything but that!

I'm playing in two challenges today and this card was made in a hurry because one is about to close in an hour or less and the other closes tonight...so on with the show!

Double Trouble Paper Crafting is the first stop. I did Thing 1 and Thing 3, which led me to Thing 2...Joy of Sets Tic Tac Toe Challenge
I did the bottom row. My card stock is Whisper White, the die cuts are from the Umbrella Weather retired SU dies and I added pearls to the otherwise plain umbrella, a/k/a bumbershoot (who knew!). My rain is created from stamps in the Weather Together and Gorgeous Grunge stamp sets. I used Smoky Slate for a mat and for stamping.


I hope you enjoyed my card and that you'll be back tomorrow for Monday Makeover Madness.

18 comments:

  1. Aw, this is cute! Love your pearl-embellished bumbershoot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you decided to come back to our challenge...that's a great stamp set for the rain and raindrops. I use "London Fog" ink a lot because it's a softer touch on white and pastel cards...your card is beautifully done. Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble and Joy of Sets TicTacToe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. Can you believe I didn't know how many ink colors Memento has? I've only been exposed to Tuxedo Black!

      Delete
  3. Fun card, Karen! That rain seems to jump right off of the paper. (I love my Gorgeous Grunge stamps.) Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble Challenge #26 and I hope you'll join us for our "5th Monday Anything Goes" challenge on April 29.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie, I will check that out tomorrow. I didn't even realize it was a 5th Monday!

      Delete
  4. I love this card! And monochromatic colors work really well. Thanks for joining us at Joy of Sets!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this monochrome card! What a beautiful umbrella and rain! And the pearls are a darling touch

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute card!! And the gray monochromatic scheme is perfect with the sentiment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card and you just nipped in there before Joy of Sets closed - hope to see you again next month - we have a special offer not to be missed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fiona, and trust me I was keeping my fingers crossed and holding my breath! I'll be back in May.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double Trouble...luckily we've been enjoying a week of sunny weather in the PNW - who knew?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the opportunity and I'm glad you having good weather.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...