Monday, April 22, 2019

Stampin' Up! Playful Backgrounds Happy Birthday

Good Monday Morning Makeover Madness! Hope y'all had a spectacular Easter or are still enjoying Passover. We spent a fun afternoon with my brother and sister-in-law playing games and eating a delicious ham dinner.

First off, I want to thank Su Mohr for her inspiration and allowing me to CASE her card. Here's Su's card...

By Su Mohr for Seize the Birthday; Click READ or VISIT to go to my blog for details! Featuring: retiring products, Happy Birthday die, In Colors, Tranquil Textures DSP, Adhesive Sheets; #retiringproducts #happybirthday #birthdaycards #floatingbubbles #handmadecards #handcrafted #stampinup #diy #adhesivesheets


It should be easy for you to guess what colors I chose.  Here are two hints... Just Us Girls 
and Sunday StampsI have used 3 of their colors in varying shades.

Ta da...

My iPhone does not pick up the colors that great but my card base is Garden Green with a mat of Mango Melody (which is a yellowish orange). Truer colors can be seen in my partial product list below.

Creating my own patterned paper is such fun. On a Whisper White panel, I stamped the dots with Cajun Craze (a dark orange), Garden Green and Crushed Curry. This stamp set will be retiring in May and this is the first time I have used it! The Happy Birthday die cut, which is also retiring in May, is done in Crushed Curry.

Su used many punched out dots on her card but that was too tedious for me so I only used three in Garden Green, Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie. I had found them in my hole punch! They are adhered with half a mini dimensional...and that is why not so many punched dots!!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope your Monday is not filled with madness!

Partial Product List

14 comments:

  1. Love this, Karen - those dots are always my fave, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for for stopping by to leave a comment on behalf of Sunday Stamps, Heather.

      Delete
  2. What a fun card! Love that Happy Birthday die cut!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I'm so sad it's retiring. I didn't use it enough.

      Delete
  3. Karen, I love your background, I am envious, it is so great. I don't have that stamp set wonder if a pencil eraser would work. I too, wish that Happy Birthday was not retiring, guess I will still use it thought, just not on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. Yes, the pencil eraser would work except you would only get solid bubbles and no open ones unless you just ran your marker around the outside edge...worth a try. I did a pencil eraser card in one of my posts...also did a bottle cap.

      Delete
  4. What a fun card. I love that background and the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Riaann, for leaving a comment on behalf of JUGS!

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful! We'd love you to enter this in our challenge over at the PD challenge too xx https://polkadoodle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun card, Karen, and that large birthday die is fantastic. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and versatile birthday card! All the dots definitely says party. Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi. I'm so pleased that you visited on behalf of SS.

      Delete
  8. Such a fun birthday card! Great way to use all the colors in our combo! Love the dots! They look like confetti! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...