Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Stampin' Up! Lovely as a Tree

Lovely as a Tree has been my most favorite stamp set ever and it is well loved and stained. We used the single evergreen yesterday for one of the cards I did for the class.

Here I used the tree line with the reflection technique. There are many You Tube Videos on this technique so I won't go into detail on how to do it. Some people use window sheets for the process but I used my sheet that goes with the Stamp-a-ma-jig. That tool is retired BUT you can order it from the Clearance Rack for $7.20! It's a wonderful tool even if you have the Misti or Stamparatus.


Today I'm playing at Retro Rubber
RRCB 109

This stamp was released in 2001 and SU is now retiring it. If you like it and want it, hop to it! It is available until May 24. After that if the supply is depleted, it will not be available. (See product below)

Wondering what set the "Happy Birthday" is from? Well, it's one from the Perfectly Penned stamp set, which has been retired since 2014. I just love the fonts in that set and cannot part with them.

So much talk about retirement...if you read my post from yesterday, I'm supposed to be creating a retirement card for one of our pastors. I get so easily sidetracked...lol. Here's the reason why...it's Stinkin' Inkers fault! I'm participating for the third time in their Earth Day Tree Challenge. They limit entries to three so my work there is done!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. I hope you'll return tomorrow for our weekly Happy Inkin' blog hop.



12 comments:

  1. Hard to believe that Lovely as a Tree is finally retiring! Lovely to see it used with this technique. I used it for a class and they loved it. I also agree that Stamp-a-ma-jig is a tool to have as well as Stamparatus. Thanks for playing along with us again at Retro Rubber Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan, for taking the time to visit and leave a comment on behalf of Retro Rubber. It has been a long time since I have played at RR.

      Delete
  2. What a pretty card! I love the soft colors and sentiment up the side. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. I appreciate you taking time out of your busy schedule to comment.

      Delete
  3. I am so sad that Lovely as a Tree will be retired! I will still use it though. Love my Stamp A Ma Jig. Sometimes I don't understand SU!
    Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so totally understand your pain, Julie. We'll get through it!!

      Delete
  4. Hello Karen: Your card is beautiful, you used two of my favorite stamp sets from Stampin' Up! The "Lovely as a Tree" and the "Perfectly Penned" were a couple of my first purchases and I still love them so much.
    It's indeed sad when beautiful and versatile stamp sets like these two are retired, I feel bad for the new stampers who will miss out on enjoying creating with them.
    I'm so happy you shared this beautiful and serene card with us at RETRO RUBBER, the technique you used looks amazing with this image.
    Thank you for playing along, we hope you play again on our next challenge, this challenge blog is just perfect for all of us who love to use our old stamp sets, it's great to see them being inked up again.
    Oh, by the way, even if I have a MISTI, I also still use my Stamp-a-magig, it's a really awesome tool to have around.
    Thanks again for playing along with us at RETRO RUBBER.
    Hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen... absolutely love your shadows! Such a great use of a simple stamp...Thanks so much for joining us at Retro Rubber this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...it was my pleasure to join RR.

      Delete
  6. I am agog that Lovely as a Tree is finally retiring...although I admit I haven't used it much lately, it's one of the few wood sets I have left!! I love how you used it here, especially with that beautiful sentiment...such a pretty font! Thanks for sharing this at Retro Rubber this week! :D Always happy to see you in the gallery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeAnne. You'll be seeing more of Lovely as a Tree from me!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...