Thursday, April 25, 2019

Stampin' Up! Handwritten for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop


Welcome to our weekly blog hop. This week Amy gave us a sketch challenge and I hope you will be excited to see all the different cards that our team members have created. But, first let's take a look see at the sketch and what I created...please!


Image may contain: text

Here is what I created...


I began with a Powder Pink card base. I stamped a mat of Whisper White with the Handwritten stamp in Powder Pink. I adhered that to the card front. I then cut two banners from the Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper and adhered those to each other and then to the mat.

I cut a circle from the Floral Romance Designer Series Paper (the vellum pattern) and then a circle from plain vellum. On that I stamped a sentiment from Floral Frames using Fresh Fig ink. Because the ink was so juicy, I was able to sprinkle Clear Emboss powder over it and heat set it. I adhered it to the floral vellum with mini dimensionals. I added three pearls to make it look like a design behind the pearl!

Now for the inside...


I used my Flirty Flamingo Stampin' Write Marker to ink up the sentiment that is attached to the koi from the All the Good Things stamp set. I added the Happy Graduation in Fresh Fig. That is from the Well Said stamp set. I finished the mat by punching each corner with the Detailed Trio punch. Marsha has an Occasions Challenge at Watercooler Wednesday. I've been waiting a long time for this particular graduation and it happens in May!

Since my card is mainly pink, I'm also playing at Creations In Pink. If you love pink, that is the place for you to visit!


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoy the hop! Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the blue links will take you directly to that team member.


Karen Finkle - you are here!
Partial Product List:

14 comments:

  1. Pretty mix of designer papers Karen. Love the vellum! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, Karen. You did a wonderful job of mixing papers and stamp sets. Love it, and I am sure the recipient will too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I missed you on the hop today but was happy to see the retirement card you posted today.

      Delete
  3. Karen, this is such a fabulous card!! Love how you mixed your papers up and the background stamp you used! I know the recipient will love this so much!!! Great graduation message on the inside as well! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty with the vellum and that awesome Handwritten background stamp!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet card Karen. Love the mixture of the different papers and the two vellum pieces too
    Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving a comment on behalf of Watercooler Wednesday.

      Delete
  6. A perfect rendition of the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CIP, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. It was my pleasure to play at Creations in Pink.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...