Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Stampin' Up! Chalks

My card today is one we made at our card group last Thursday. I never knew Stampin' Up! had chalks at one time; but, Sue had a palette of them and we used them for this card...




I'm not sure what company made the stamp...I keep forgetting to look at the blocks. In any event, I will check with Sue on Thursday and update my blog. Update: The company is Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers and she has had it for years. The company went out of business in 2006 but there is one available on Ebay.

This was the first time I've ever worked with chalks and I wish SU would bring them back. I will try this technique again because I think I need to learn how to get more depth with the colors. I did learn that using hair spray would set the colors but not to oversoak it!

The theme at Global Design Project #183 this week is "A Day at the Park". This stamp reminds me of a National Park or a State Park where we would have gone RVing. It speaks majesty to me.



Today is another hectic one for me thus it's a short blog.

Thanks for stopping by. See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty image! Yep, they had chalks ages ago...I had a set from long before I was a Demonstrator. They had watercolor crayons at one point too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, watercolor crayons...who knew! Thanks, Amy.

      Delete
  2. This is so very lovely, Karen. I like the softness of the chalk, sort of like a pastel painting. i didn't know SU had them at one time either, but then, I am pretty new at this. Yes, it is majestic and reminds me of the Grand Tetons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie, for leaving such a nice comment.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...