Monday, April 1, 2019

Stampin' Up! Botanical Tags and Beautiful Bouquet

Monday Makeover Madness strikes again. This time with another CASE of LeAnne. Here's the card she made for the As You See It Design Team.



Here is my makeover, which I am entering at As You See It Challenge #197



Thank you for the inspiration, LeAnne!

My card base is Fresh Fig card stock.  I adhered a mat of Petal Promenade DSP to it. These items will be retiring soon and I will be sad to say goodbye. All of the 2017-2019 In Colors will be gone May 31 or sooner if supplies are exhausted.

Using the Delicate Lace Edgelits, I cut an edge 1" x 5" from a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock and adhered it to a piece of Delightfully Detailed Laser-Cut Specialty Paper (that has two sides...Very Vanilla and Whisper White). I hid the seam with a strand of Fresh Fig 1/8" Sheer Ribbon. I then adhered that to the Promenade mat.

After cutting the Botanical Tag die from a scrap of Very Vanilla card stock, I re-cut it with the next-to-largest solid circle die from the Layering Circle Framelits. I adhered it to a piece of Fresh Fig cut with the same circle die.  In Fresh Fig ink, I added the "Side by Side" sentiment from Beautiful Bouquet. I thought it fit perfectly with the two birds side by side! I used clear Wink of Stella on the birds to give them a little sparkle that you can see in real life but not in the photo. Hopefully it will still be accepted at The Paper Players Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge PP435 from Laurie 
I chose to go down the right column with patterned paper, sparkle and floral.

I added pearls for the birds' eyes along with one extra.  I'm not so sure about those eyes, but it is what it is!

Now, on to the inside...I had a circle scrap of the DSP so I added it to the blank side of the card base. (It looks like a window to the front, don't you think?) I used my Detailed Trio Punch to give the inner mat corners a look that matched the front laser-cut paper. I used two stamps from the Beautiful Bouquet set for the sentiments stamped in Fresh Fig.



I hope you enjoyed my card today. Thanks for stopping by. 

13 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! And GUESS WHAT?! I need a wedding card this week, so I am going to CASE your CASE of my card, LOL! Love your choice of DSPs too! Thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. You are too funny! Can't wait to see the CASE of the CASE!

      Delete
  2. I'll be sorry to see Fresh Fig go - I used it just last night in my Monday class, and I love it. Putting the Delightfully Detailed laser cut over the DSP is a nice idea. A great CASE, Karen! Thanks for joining us at AYSI again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Karen! What a great card design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the "caseing" going on! The laser-cut paper and die cuts are fabulous over the DSP. Thank you for sharing with the Paper Players, Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful! Love that DSP - and the laser cut paper over top is simply gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow! So very, very pretty, Karen! I love how you used the Botanical tag...so clever! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Ann. I appreciate you leaving a comment.

      Delete
  7. This is a beautiful card, Karen. I love how you amalgamated all the lacy elements so they look like one! And I will mourn the passing of Fresh Fig as well! So elegant! Thanks for playing along at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...