Monday, January 21, 2019

Stampin' Up! Happy Birthday Botanical Butterfly

Good morning, peeps. So, I promised you that you'd get to see the "watercolor" card that Drue did, with my assistance, using the Color Burst by Ken Oliver...

She used Turquoise and Lime Green. These are the colors SU has in their Brusho line. I'll be ordering those next quarter! Just click on the blue "colors" link to see what's available.

I got out the Happy Birthday framelits die for her and retired Myths and Magic Glimmer Paper (available in the Clearance section of SU's online store for $6), along with some watercolor paper

She used my new Butterfly Duet punch (2019 Occasions Catalog) and new Botanical Butterfly DSP (a free Sale-A-Bration item with $50 purchase). Just Add Ink has a "something new" challenge!
 
Her card base is Bermuda Bay. She used a white gel pen to give the illusion of butterflies fluttering and free! Over at International Art Ch #50 - Choose A Movie, I think my movie is "Butterflies are Free", a 1970's movie with Goldie Hawn and a cast of others. 

Today we are meeting friends at our Irish Pub so it should be a fun lunch.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll be back.

Partial List of Products Used:


10 comments:

  1. The colours used are beautiful and set off the sentiment and butterflies perfectly. Thank you for joining us at IAAS in our'Choose a Movie' challenge. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hazel. I'm glad I had the opportunity to join your challenge.

      Delete
  2. Sweet butterflies! Love the little butterfly trails. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really like this card. Great colours. I especially like the "fluttering" of the butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your water coloured background is so rich and gorgeous, Karen! I love how it accentuates the blue colours in your glimmer paper and how the butterflies really pop off the page. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the variations of green in the brush background Karen, it gives a really dynamic feel to those sweet little butterflies (I love the addition of the flight trails!) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Stippled Roses for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...