Saturday, December 15, 2018

Stampin' Up Tropical Escape DSP

Today we are headed to the Sarasota National Cemetery for the Wreaths Across America service. It's hard to believe we were there just two weeks ago for my husband's memorial service. I'm sure I'll need to get the tissues out. My son and I are just hoping we don't get wet from predicted rain!

So, my post title sounds like you will be seeing Florida paradise paper. Nope, you're going to see a wrapped Christmas present! The design comes from the challenge at TGIF 190
and the color choice comes from the challenge at Just Add Ink #438

The additional color I chose is Garden Green. Let's take a look see...
Whoa! That sure is bright!! It's funny how the iPhone camera shows up all the flaws that I can't see with my naked eyes. Why is that?

Well, in any event, I adhered a mat of Lovely Lipstick to my Whisper White card base. Then I cut four panels from the Tropical Escape DSP that were Granny Apple Green and had Garden Green dots. The Garden Green enamel trees are from the Santa's Workshop Enamel Shapes (sold out). The ribbon is 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle.

This is not my favorite Christmas card, but it does fit the two challenges. Let's think of it this way...you know the ugliest Christmas sweater? ...well, I'm starting the ugliest Christmas card contest!  

Thanks for stopping by and have a blessed day.


Product List

6 comments:

  1. Karen, this definitely would NOT qualify for an ugly Christmas card. Haha! You're too funny. I like the bright colors and your twist on a non-traditional card. And personally, I think any project with that gorgeous tulle ribbon is lovely. ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tami, for your too kind comment. I'm so glad you visited on behalf of TGIF.

      Delete
  2. This is a lovely way to use the DSP - I'm really liking the Polka Dot ribbon on there too - it's so pretty. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for visiting and commenting on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  3. I like the present effect Karen and it's far from ugly...lol But you did give me a chuckle at your sweater comment. Thanks for sharing at Just Add Ink and Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nikki and Merry Christmas to you also!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card for Pammies' Inky Pinkies Challenge #2415

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... This week our sponsor is none other than Pammie herself!  She is offerin...