Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Stampin' Up! Timeless Tidings and Joyous Noel

My card tonight uses the Timeless Tidings stamp set that is retiring. I'm so disappointed! I was inspired by Chris Smith for my design. She has a Facebook video to teach you how to cut a 12 x 12 piece of designer series paper to make frames. Check it out here.


So, for starters, I used a 12 x 12 piece of DSP from Joyous Noel (which is out of stock and retiring anyway) to cut my frame. I used a piece of Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper (copper...also retiring) and a piece of Whisper White that I sponged with Tranquil Tide. From the Glimmer Paper, I cut the tree out with a die from In the Woods. I stamped the sentiment in Copper embossing powder (from Timeless Tidings...retiring!). The frame is adhered to yet another piece of DSP that was left over from the frame! By doing that, this is how the inside of my card looks. I cut a piece of Shaded Spruce for a mat (I was out of Tranquil Tide) and adhered a piece of Whisper White (sponged lightly with Tranquil Tide). The sentiment is from Timeless Tidings, stamped in...can you tell the difference between Tranquil Tide and Shaded Spruce? Me neither, but it's Shaded Spruce! If you would like measurements, let me know in a comment.


Now, here's my problem...I am continuing to make Christmas cards and I haven't sent one out yet! Want to know why? Because the post office probably wouldn't get them there in time. I mailed important papers out 12/3 to NC, express mail. They are stuck in NH at the moment...North Carolina...New Hampshire...HELLO! Can you tell I'm frustrated? Yes, very.

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for listening to my rant. Be sure to stop by tomorrow when it will be total fun with our Happy Thursday Inkin' Krew blog hop!

2 comments:

  1. That paper makes beautiful frames, Karen! No wonder it is out of stock. Thanks for sharing your pretty card!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...