Thursday, December 27, 2018

Stampin' Up! Geared Up Garage for Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop



It's Thursday again BUT it's the last one for 2018! Can you believe it? I, for one, am glad to kiss 2018 goodbye and begin anew. I always look forward to January 1 because it gives me another chance to work on the resolutions I've been making forever! I resolve this year to keep the craft room neat and orderly...ha! and perhaps to become more than a "hobbyist" demonstrator. 

Thanks for stopping by. Our team has a color challenge today and they are three of my favorites. Take a look see...

Image may contain: text

My layout comes from the sketch at Atlantic Hearts Challenge

et voila....


My card base is Very Vanilla. I stamped my Gray Granite mat in the matching ink with the car stamp and gas can from Geared Up Garage. This stamp set will be available in the upcoming Occasions catalog, along with its matching dies.

I cut mats of Blackberry Bliss, Pear Pizzazz, Gray Granite and adhered them together with liquid glue. On a piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss (second generation). Using the Garage Gears Thinlits dies, I adhered two gears with glue dots.

For the inside...
I cut mats in Pear Pizzazz, Blackberry Bliss and Gray Granite. I stamped the sentiment in Blackberry Bliss full strength. I stamped the car using Gray Granite ink on a piece of Pear Pizzazz and used a die to cut it out. I used another die in the set to cut out the three gears (which is one die).

I hope you have enjoyed my card today. There are more beauties to look at by clicking on the "next" button to hop to the ever-so-creative Julie Johnston and/or click on each name listed below for our other talented team mates. Happy hopping!




Karen Finkle - you are here!

15 comments:

  1. Fun masculine card!! Love how you used the colors - and I'm always a fan of tone-on-tone stamping! Wishing you a less stressful 2019 than 2018 was, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great masculine card Karen. Love it! I'm always in need of masculine card ideas, this is perfect 😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card Karen! Great way to use those colors! See you in 2019! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amy. Yes, I hope it will be in person :-)

      Delete
  4. What a great "man" card. Good use of the colours ...love the gears! Happy New Year to you...2019 will be a better year, I just know it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic guy card, Karen. Great way to use the colors too. Wishing you a better 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great masculine card. I love your tone on tone stamping and the gears--inside and outside. Thanks for sharing. I hope your 2019 is a good one. You'll have lots of "firsts" and I hope some are happy and fun for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I am looking forward to fun firsts.

      Delete

  7. Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Beautiful work with this clean sketch to create a great masculine card! I like the stamped background! Wishing you a blessed New Year with much crafting time to come.
    Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Christine, for your lovely comment. I wish the same to you!

      Delete
  8. love this masculine card! thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge last week

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...