Monday, October 29, 2018

Stampin' Up! WWYS #192 Seasonal Chums


What an honor to be asked by WWYS to be their guest designer using this set for this week's challenge. 

Do you have this stamp set and dies? If not, you need to get them! The snowman, pumpkin and deer  just have the cutest faces, don't they? Cute enough to put on my projects ...



What do you think? Want to make them? Here's how...

Cut a piece of solid card stock 4" x 11"
Using a 12" x 12" score board, score on long side at: 3 1/2", 5 1/4", 8 3/4", 10 1/2"
Make a light pencil mark at 4 3/8" and 9 5/8"
Turn card stock to the left so the short side is now up at the top of your score board
Score at 2 3/4" all the way down
Take a ruler and score a line from the pencil mark to the 2 3/4" score on each corner of the quadrant that mark is in; do the same thing for the other pencil mark
Burnish all score lines. The lines you scored using the ruler just kind of gently fold in when you glue the box
Cut away the skinny section at the bottom of the 10 1/2" score.
Cut up to the 2 3/4" score line at the other three scores on the bottom
Fold all the score lines in to form the triangular base and glue with Tear and Tape

For the outside of the box:

Cut a piece of DSP 8" x 3 1/2"
Gently fold it around the pinched box starting at one half of the bottom. Press the DSP to fit the shape of the box, but not too tight. Then glue the bottom of the DSP together...but not to the bottom of the box! It needs to slide easily in and out.

Stamp and color your deer, snowman and pumpkin, cut out with the dies and adhere to the top of your finished treat box. Pretty neat, huh? Well, we can thank Pootles for that idea! Here's a pic of the back side and side view.



Thanks for stopping by and I hope you will visit WWYS to play along with them for this challenge. Then we can become Seasonal Chums! Have a blessed day. If you have any questions, I will try to answer them. Just leave me a comment.



9 comments:

  1. Very cute! I just got out this set myself; forgot all the cute little extra dies they have in there! Sweet little project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my heavens Karen! I didn't realize that these were cute little boxes! Adorable! So glad to have you join us this week as a guest designer at WWYS Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure and I'm so grateful to have had the opportunity.

      Delete
  3. These are adorable!! Super cute, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Karen! Love those little treat holders. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really cute. Kinda wish I had them now. I too am an Aaron Rodgers fan. My husband taught me everything I know about football. He was a Packer fan, or maybe more correctly a Vince Lombardi fan.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...