Tuesday, October 16, 2018

Stampin' Up! Joyous Noel and Frosted Bouquet

Today I am playing at:
  1. Craft-Dee Bowz
  2. The Merry Christmas Challenge
  3. SUOC 209: Holiday Catalog
I let my Joyous Noel Designer Series Paper and my upline, Mary Deatherage, do most of the work for me! 

My card base is Tranquil Tide with a mat of Copper Foil. I took a piece of the Joyous Noel DSP and cut it into six pieces. All measurements are listed below.


I die cut the three Copper Foil sprigs and two Merry Merlot sprigs with a die from Frosted Bouquet Framelits Dies. I made a Billie Moan/Mary Deatherage bow out of Linen Thread and it's the first one I've done that I was happy with. It is adhered to a heart from the Corrugated Elements with a glue dot and that is adhered to a Pearlized Doily. Then I glued everything else in place to finish the card front. 

For the inside of the card I just cut two mats and stamped the sentiment in Tranquil Tide using a stamp from Night in Bethlehem.



Thank you for stopping by and I'm very late getting this posted because we were at the hospital most of the morning for a test which should have taken no more than half an hour. But I'm sure you know how that goes!

Measurements:

Tranquil Tide Card Stock:  5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4"
Copper Foil: 5 1/4" x 4"
Merry Merlot: 5 1/4" x 4" for inner liner
Whisper White Card Stock: 5" x 3 3/4" for sentiment
Joyous Noel DSP: 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" cut into six 1 5/8" " pieces
Copper scraps and Merry Merlot scraps for the sprigs
Linen Thread: Depends on how many loops you want the bow to have

Partial Product List:


10 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love that designer paper, great layering and pretty bow! It did turn out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. I love it when you visit my blog and leave comments.

      Delete
  2. Lovely card. Sorry you had such a morning!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We DO know how that goes. Hurry up and wait! :( But - your card was WORTH the wait! Simply gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I'm glad I did you proud! The hurry up and wait was because someone didn't do their job properly at the cancer center. The hospital staff was great about getting things straightened out! This is the second time it's happened.

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen. This is just awesome. Great design and elements with glam. Love it! Thank you so much for participating at SUOChallenges.com for our Holiday Catalog challenge. Our new challenge is going up on October 23, 2018, and we hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cindy. It was my pleasure playing at SUO and I will be back!

      Delete
  5. This card is so lovely!! Love those papers and the card design is GREAT!! Thanks for the dimensions. I may have to make one of these. Thanks so much for entering your lovely card into our 'Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow' challenge at Craft-Dee BowZ this month. I look forward to seeing what you create for our next challenge. Hugs, Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, This DSP is sooooooo gorgeous! Great way to show it off. Perfect for our challenge using the Holiday Catalogue. So glad you joined in the fun with us at SUO Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...