Monday, June 4, 2018

Stampin' Up! Rooted in Nature

Tonight I'm playing at Cards in Envy - Let's Hear it for the Boys. Also, Amy at Sunday Stamps had this sketch for a challenge.


Here's my interpretation...


My card base is Crumb Cake. The mat is from the Wood Textures DSP. I used a piece of burlap ribbon and cut a notch in it. I adhered it with glue dots. Then I wrapped a piece of gold baker's twine around the mat and tied a bow. I adhered the mat to the card base with Tombow liquid multipurpose glue.

The tree is cut with a die from Nature's Roots Framelits. I stamped the sentiment from Detailed with Love in Mossy Meadow and adhered it to the card front.

For the inside, I stamped off once in Crumb Cake with the tree from the Rooted in Nature set. The sentiment, from Detailed with Love, is stamped in Mossy Meadow. I rounded the corners with the Detailed Trio punch. The leaves were done using another piece of DSP and embossed and cut with the dies from Nature's Roots.


Thank you for stopping by and I hope to see you again tomorrow.




16 comments:

  1. Love the natural simplicity of your design. What a wonderful masculine (though I'd probably like to receive it too!) card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Maria. It was so nice of you to visit my blog.

      Delete
  2. I love the sentiment stamping on the tree, leaving it blank adds to its appeal! Love your burlap and ribbon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. I knew it needed something and that worked out perfectly.

      Delete
  3. Pretty card! I love the neutral color scheme. Thanks for joining us as Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. I appreciate your stopping by and it was a fun challenge.

      Delete
  4. So pretty - such a clean and serene card. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. We all need serene now and then! My next card is BOLD!

      Delete
  5. Great interpretation of the sketch! I don’t have that set yet....hopefully in July! I met my minimum with the preorder! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Liza. I know what you mean about the minimum. I met mine with the preorder too and I trying to hold back the horses but the reins are slowly giving away.

      Delete
  6. What fun layers and textures - love your use of that framelit! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Heather. Thank you for the opportunity to play at SS.

      Delete
  7. I love the simplicity of your card! A very crisp and clean feel. Thanks so much for playing along at Sunday Stamps! this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Annette, for stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete
  8. I love the neutral colors and the simplicity of your card. Thanks for joining us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa. I just saw today that it's "In the Mailbox" thanks to Sherry!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...