Sunday, April 8, 2018

Stampin' Up! Sweet Little Something

Good Sunday morning! Today I am really in love with my card. I made it for friends who are going through a rough patch in their lives. We have been through the same exact thing. It brings forth this verse for me: 2 Cor. 1:4: "He gives us comfort in all our troubles. Then we can comfort other people who have the same troubles. We give the same kind of comfort God gives us." (NLV) Wound vacs and PICC lines are scary the first time and not much fun!

BUT bunnies ARE fun, especially this one!


I made a card base in Thick Whisper White 4 1/4" x  11", scored and folded at 5 1/2". I adhered a piece of retired DSP the same size. 

On a piece of Whisper White (3 3/4" x 5") I stamped the Sweet Little Something bunny in Basic Black, Basic Gray and Smoky Slate, using my Stamparatus (available June 1). 

I wrapped a length of Basic Black Baker's Twine around the mat, adhering it in the back with Scotch Tape. Over at Dragonfly Journeys there is Challenge No. 115 - Baker's Twine ~ so I made a "Billie Moan" bow  to kick it up a notch and adhered it with a glue dot. 

The art panel is adhered to the base with dimensionals. I had pre-cut butterflies from a few years ago with a retired SU embosslits and used one for a bow tie and one just flitting away. (I think I'll add dots or dashes to simulate flight...what do you think?) I also added a black rhinestone to the bow tie.

For the inside, I printed out the sentiment on my computer and added a black rabbit (Impression Obsession die). Then I adhered it to another piece of the same DSP as the front. I have no idea what that was from as I just had pieces in my stash! I'm learning I need to mark it on the paper when I throw away my original packaging!!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing this bunny again. I don't think I'll ever get rid of him because I still have a lot of colors left in which to make him.






8 comments:

  1. Hi Karen! I love this sweet little guy and the matching bow tie really ties it all together. Your twine bow is perfect and to answer your question, there really are no other rules to join my challenges except to use baker's twine and you can enter as many times as you'd like. Thank you for your kind comment and for joining my Baker's Twine challenge. Good Luck :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannie. I can't wait to play again!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful card - and sure to bring a smile in a rough time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card Karen. I love your choice of colors. You are a caring soul. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. I'm getting used to B & W now.

      Delete
  4. Too cute! Love the designer paper background, perfect colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...