Sunday, March 18, 2018

Stampin' Up! Ribbon of Courage

My cards today are made for a Cystic Fibrosis silent auction in Maine coming up in May. They have come so far in their research and I and my extended family are thankful. 

I CASE'd B.J. Peters card, which you can see here. She has wonderful directions for you so I won't repeat them. She also had a link for ribbon colors associated with a cause. I'm including it here

My first one is done in Fresh Fig. I thought this was close enough to burgundy and there are many causes and meanings for it. The one that is nearest and dearest to my heart is neck cancer. That's where my husband's cancer started almost 5 years ago and spread to his lungs, liver and bones. He is still fighting the good fight!



This next card is done in Lemon Lime Twist and represents the cause for our daughter, Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Tranquil Tide is close to Jade or Teal and our good friend lost his battle with liver cancer. He died the day my husband received his first chemo treatment. It's a day burned into our memories. 


Pink is so well known and that too has hit our family.
My sister is a breast cancer survivor.


I am grateful that someone thought of different colored ribbons to commemorate victims and survivors of these dreaded diseases. Thank you, Patty Bennett, for designing this stamp set. It is one of my favorites and it will never retire in my collection!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend. If I can help you with any supplies, just contact me here.

Products used:

Heat Tool
[129053]
$30.00
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Karen! Love the neat heart closure and the designs are perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. This was the first card I've ever done in an assembly line fashion. It was a labor of love.

      Delete
  2. I love this idea. Sounds like cancer has hit your family pretty hard. I'll make mine in black first--my sister died of melanoma and Mama is still fighting it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, Susan, that your lives have been touched by this awful disease. I still find it hard to believe that heart is the major killer. Mama is REALLY fighting the good fight. What type does she have?

      Delete
    2. It's funny how you never really know what all these colors mean until it hits close to home. I myself wear my green donate life bracelet every single day and will continue to do so in order of my heart and double lung donor. I am 11 years post transplant and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my donor and his/her family. Many people think the ribbons only stand for different types of cancers and such but that's not true. Purple is for lupus aware and I have 2 friends with that. My best friend from high school was diagnosed with leukemia and her color is orange. The 5 year old daughter of very good friends of mine just finished her 4th round of chemo! Her color is also green and I have added her team bracelet to my arm with my own green one. My heart and prayers go out to each and every person that is dealing with some type of battle in their life. I want this set desperately but I just haven't quite gotten it yet. Love to you all!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful cards, Karen - for worthy causes. I AM, however, sorry that you've had to be so closely entwined with so many of them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Karen. Such hopeful and uplifting card ideas for everyone touched by Cancer.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...