Thursday, February 15, 2018

Stampin' Up! Guy Greetings


My Thursdays have now become so much more fun and I hope yours will be too. I was invited to be a part of Amy's "Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop" and today we have a sketch challenge. I hope you'll check all the other ladies' cards on the hop when you are done here. Ready? 

Here's the sketch:
Image may contain: text

Here's my card:


Here's the ingredients: 

Card Base: Crumb Cake Cardstock 5 1/2" x 8 1/2"                       (scored and folded at 4 1/4")
Mat: Chocolate Chip 5 3/8" x 4 1/8"
Mat: Very Vanilla 5 1/4" x 4" (two)
DSP Banners: True Gentleman 2" x 3" and 2" x 4"
Scraps: Chocolate Chip, Tranquil Tide, Very Vanilla 
Ink: Tranquil Tide and Crumb Cake
Stamps: Guy Greetings and Eastern Beauty
Punches: Duet Banner and Banner Triple 
Dies: Layering Circles
Accessories: Basics Pack 3 Washi Tape
                   Liquid Glue
                   Stampin' Dimensionals
                   Stampin' Trimmer
                   Paper Snips
                   Big Shot

Here's the recipe for the outside:
I enlarged the photo so you could see the score lines on the Very Vanilla mat. I scored diagonally every 1/2 inch. I adhered that mat to the Chocolate Chip and that to the card base. 

My card front is a mirror image of the sketch! After cutting my choices of DSP with my Stampin' Trimmer, I used my Banner Triple punch to make the tails. I placed the hounds tooth DSP on the scored mat first, then layered the bow tie DSP on top. (My iPhone doesn't take the greatest pics but the colors are Chocolate Chip, Tranquil Tide and Night of Navy on the bow ties.)

Using the Layering Circles dies I cut the biggest circle from a scrap of Chocolate Chip, the next circle in Tranquil Tide and the shoe circle in Very Vanilla. The shoes are stamped in Crumb Cake. I adhered those circles together with liquid glue and then attached them to the card front with more Tombow glue.

In Tranquil Tide, I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Very Vanilla and punched it out with the Duet Banner punch. I also punched the banner from scraps of Chocolate Chip and Tranquil Tide. I layered them and adhered them to each other with liquid glue. I then attached them to the card front with Dimensionals.

Here's the recipe for the inside (much simpler!):
I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of Very Vanilla and fussy cut it! The back banner is punched from Chocolate Chip. I layered them together and glued them to the Very Vanilla mat. "Husband" is stamped in Tranquil Tide and I love the shadowed effect of this stamp set. I used the little do dad stamp from the Eastern Beauty to stamp the corners in Crumb Cake. I added a strip of Tranquil Tide Washi Tape to the left side and sponged the edges of the mat in Chocolate Chip. Then I adhered the finished mat to the card base. Phew! I bet you thought I'd never get to the end...LOL. But, I did and ...


Here's our team with whom you can hop:


Just click on a name and go immediately there. You may have a favorite and I hope one of them will become me! OR you can just click on the "next blog" button, which will take you to Amy Koenders. 


https://stampwithamyk.com/2018/02/15/stampin-up-fruit-basket-for-the-happy-inkin-thursday-blog-hop/

See all the "here's" above? Well, "here's to you and a fun time hopping". Come back next Thursday, y'all hear!!!

Products used in the making of this card:

Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

10 comments:

  1. Welcome to our Thursday Blog Hop, Karen!! And what a wonderful card for your husband! Love this paper!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the hop Karen! Thanks for joining us! Fantastic card, love your mix of designer papers and love that you flipped the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both! It was fun...looking forward to the next hop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent, Karen! He is sure to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card! Welcome to your first hop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Karen! Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Julie, Kristi and Jenny. Wish I could reply directly to each of my commenters. I don't understand why Blogger doesn't do that but Word Press does. Oh, well. Hopefully you know I appreciate all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome Karen...love this "man" card....Great job, the paper really stands out as the banners. Love it.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...