Monday, October 9, 2017

Veterans Part 1 of 3

Many veterans have died so that we may have our freedom. I am "die"ing for the ones who are still with us ... by that I mean "die cutting" (for those who read my blog and are not into card crafting).

Happy Little Stampers October Anything Goes with Dies Challenge will be my choice for today. Their rules allow you to post as many times as you want as long as each card is different. So, let's give it a go!


My first card was made using Tim Holtz Distress Inks with Burlap Clear Mount Stamp. The dies I used for the helmet, Army and tank are from Cheery Lynn. The frame die is from Elizabeth Craft Designs.

I sponged a piece of Whisper White Cardstock with these distress inks: Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Tea Dye, and Vintage Photo and cut out the frame. The burlap was inked in Forest Moss and Tea Dye using another piece of Whisper White to fit inside the frame. I then die cut the army pieces out of Early Espresso, with the exception of the ARMY, which was cut from a scrap of unknown DSP and mounted on Early Espresso.

The inside is very plain but very meaningful...

It is from DRS Designs.

I hope you will visit my next two posts to see my other two cards.

Thanks for looking!


3 comments:

  1. Very cool card Karen! Love the Burlap background, fantastic die cuts too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Amy! Love the die cuts too. Can't wait to get the Navy, Marines and Air Force.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great card and thank you for honoring our heroes
    thanks for joining us at HLS
    Barb Housner (DT)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...