Monday, October 2, 2017

Stampin' Up! - Starlight Thinlits and Star of Light

Is it plaid, checkered or is it square? I think it's square because Sunday Stamps says It's Hip to be Square Challenge #162

and SUO #184 has a challenge where you must use your favorite Stampin' Up die. Mine for Christmas time is Starlight Thinlits Dies but I'm not using it for a Christmas card! So, with all that said, here's my card...

The base is Old Olive Cardstock, a mat from  Gold Foil Sheets, and a mat from Merry Little Christmas DSP.  Another mat of gold foil is under a piece of Black Glimmer paper, which is retired. I die cut a solid star from Gold Glimmer Paper and adhered the filigreed vellum star to it. I stamped "Shine" from the Star of Light Photopolymer Stamp Set, with Versamark ink pad and embossed it with Gold Embossing Powder. I cut it to fit inside the star and added gold stars from Metallic Enamel Shapes.

For the inside, I printed out "You shine for Jesus wherever you are." This card is for one of our wonderful pastors. Pastor appreciation day is this coming Sunday. I have one more to make because we have two wonderful pastors!!

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. Pretty, Karen! Love that plaid paper with the glittery star! Very nice combination! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Christmas card, Karen! Love your star and the sentiment in the middle of the star.Very pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome for a card of love and gratitude!! I love all the little details. This is so so perfect for our shape up challenge. It's wonderful to see your project in our lineup for SUO CHallenges!! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to incorporate that black glimmer paper! Thanks for joining the SUO challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...