Friday, July 14, 2017

Stampin' Up! High Tide

Do you think the sentiment is the focal point on this card? I hope so because I'm entering it in Mod Squad Challenge - Make the Sentiment the Main Focal Point.

My card base is Night of Navy. The DSP is from the retired Color Me Irrisistible. I sponged it with Night of Navy and wiped it off, making it look like rain from a storm. The stamp set I used is High Tide. The lighthouse is a two-step stamp, stamped first in Night of Navy and then stamped in Cherry Cobbler. Then I used a mask of the bottom of the lighthouse so I could do the waves in Night of Navy. The beacon of light was stamped in Night of Navy as were the bird(s). Sahara Sand was used to give it a slight beach effect. The sentiment was stamped in Night of Navy. The squares are from Layering Squares dies, one cut in Whisper White, the other in Real Red. 

I am hoping the sentiment shines beyond the lighthouse as I think it's a beautiful one.

Thanks for looking!


4 comments:

  1. I think that I lighthouse supports that sentiment. It's my challenge and I think it works very well. lol Love your design. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad this week. Good luck and hope to see you again.

    Barbara Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barbara. I guess no one can disagree with you...lol.

      Delete
  2. Very pretty - love the DSP - looks like nightfall! And yes - I think the sentiment shines thru!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. That DSP is so neat. I hope SU brings it back. I also like your pun :-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card for Pammies' Inky Pinkies Challenge #2415

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... This week our sponsor is none other than Pammie herself!  She is offerin...