Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Close to Vintage!

I follow a wonderful crafter and she designed a vintage card which I absolutely loved. Although my card is not as vintage as Mary's I liked the way it turned out. If you get a chance, check out her work... Mary's Vintage Card 

Here's mine...



I chose Rich Razzleberry for my card base, Tempting Turquoise for my mats and Very Vanilla for the stamped layers. The VV layer is embossed with the Petal Burst embossing folder. The music DSP is from This Christmas and I "distressed" it with stamps from Timeless Textures and Avant Garden. I tore both layers and sponged the edges with Early Espresso. I added dashes around the TT mat to make it look stitched like the circles, which were die cut from Stitched Shape framelits. The copper foil was punched with the 2 3/8" retired scallop punch, mounted with dimensionals with a bit of copper thread attached. The sentiment was heat embossed with copper embossing powder and the sentiment is from Grateful Bunch. I added 4 Rich Razzleberry dots in the corners.

The inside sentiments came from Flourishing Phrases. I stamped off the flowers using Early Espresso ink. The sentiments are stamped in Tempting Turquoise and Rich Razzleberry.

You can order any of these products (with the exception of the retired punch) from me through Stampin' Up. Just check out my left side bar for directions. In order to get the Avant Garden stamp set, you would need to order $50 worth of product and then you would get it free. Free is good! It's also my new "go to" stamp set.

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Karen - thanks much for the shout-out! Glad that you liked my card enough to CASE it! :) Your card turned out beautifully - love how you added the stitches to coordinate with the Stitched Shapes Framelits (aren't they just great?!?) and your vintage-izing (I'm sure that's a word!) is super! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I appreciate your positive reinforcement. I am soooo happy I got those Stitched Shapes Framelits. If vintageizing isn't a word, it should join EVOO in the dictionary ;-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...