Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Graduation from Columbia University

My friend's grandson-in-law received his phD from Columbia this week. His contribution to the world had something to do with salt. So, I used their colors (blue and white) and Dazzling Diamonds Glitter paper, Whisper White and Marina Mist to make his card. The stamps I used are from March 2016 Paper Pumpkin. The dots are from the Brights Enamel Dots. I am entering this in two challenges. SUO Challenge #161 - Celebrations of All Kinds! and the Try Stamping on Tuesday #296. TSOT or Not! #296. Here's their sketch...

  
and here's my version...

and for the inside...


I found this on Pinterest and changed it just a wee bit. Thanks for looking!





10 comments:

  1. Karen, this is a nice graduation card. I like the color because I think it would work for both a male or female grad. Thanks for joining us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday this week! Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice clean & simple take on this week's TSOT challenge #294, Karen. I like the way you curved the blue mat,,, makes your card really stand out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean and simple is not usually easy for me...thank you!

      Delete
  3. Karen, what a perfect graduation card! Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and so perfect for our challenge. So glad you joined the fun at SUO. Love the verse inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS design and I love that message inside! Thanks for playing along with the Celebrations theme this time on SUO Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card layout is fantastic. The poem inside makes the card extra special. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great graduation card!! Thanks for playing along in our SUO challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, this is a great graduation card! I'm sure it was much appreciated! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...