Friday, June 17, 2016

Vacation Time!

My regular posting of cards I have made will pretty much be on vacation  until July 13! Perry's oncologist has pushed his chemo off for a week so we can get away to NC and NY for a birthday and graduation celebration. Our first destination was Childress Vineyard in Lexington, NC. We made our first stop in Brunswick, GA and had a wonderful dinner at the Mill House. We would definitely return!




Not only do I love making cards, but I love food! Perry had a steak salad and I had shrimp penne ala vodka with fresh tomatoes. The bread for dipping was most excellent as well!

Then it was off to Childress. On the way we saw this...it even sounded like the truck from The Duel

We made it to the vineyard by noon and had a delicious lunch at The Bistro. 
Seasonal salad with grilled chicken. The watermelon radishes, spiced sunflowers seed, fava beans, heirloom tomatoes and honey-mint dressing were to die for!

The view from "our" gazebo at the vineyard.

The view of our hotel from the vineyard. We have a room with a vineyard view.

Grapes along the walking trail.


My wonderful hubby of almost 47 years.

Sunset from our room.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...