Thursday, August 8, 2019

Stampin' Up! To a Wild Rose Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop



It's a color challenge today, peeps, and here is what I created for it using the To a Wild Rose Stamp Set.

and here are the colors
Image may contain: text

My card base is Crushed Curry, a Very Vanilla mat and a Garden Green mat. Measurements are at the end of my post.

I glued two squares of Very Vanilla together to create a diamond shape. I cut 4 squares of Mosaic Mood Designer Series Paper and 4 squares of Blushing Bride. I alternated them, lightly adhering them to the diamond shape. The last square needs to be on top of the one on the left and under the one on the right. I added a gold faceted gem to the center. I adhered two gold metallic pearls to two of the corners. The butterfly is punched out of the other side of the Mosaic Mood sheet of paper with the Butterfly Duet punch.

The "hello" is from To a Wild Rose Stamp Set and is stamped in Garden Green on a scrap of Blushing Bride. I used my Garden Green Stampin' Write Marker to highlight the edge of the smallest oval from the Layering Ovals Dies. I adhered it with Dimensionals.

For the inside, on a mat of Very Vanilla, I stamped the sentiment in Garden Green with a  stamp from To a Wild Rose. The corners are punched with the Detailed Trio Punch.



I'm playing at Try Stampin' on Tuesday #419 with their sketch challenge.
I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for joining the hop. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to that team member.



Karen Finkle - you are here!
Eva Dobilas

Measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Very Vanilla Mat: 5 1/4" x 4" (2)
Garden Green Mat: 5" x 3 3/4"
Very Vanilla Squares: 2 3/8" (2)
DSP Squares: 1 1/4" (4)
Blushing Bride Squares: 1 1/4" (4)

Partial Product List:

16 comments:

  1. Fun card - cool technique! Love that diamond!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I hadn't done a pinwheel in a long time so I was due!

      Delete
  2. Great way to showcase that designer paper! Neat technique too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, when I saw the card and the title I wondered where the 'wild rose' was. Good thing I read the text. I think I may have to get that stamp set, just for the sentiments. Great use of that mosaic paper too. It fits right in with the color challenge.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Julie. It's a great set.

      Delete
  3. what a fun and interesting way to use that technique for the sketch. Thanks for joining us at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kaylin. So happy for the opportunity to play at TSOT.

      Delete
  4. What a fun take on the sketch - this is a perfect technique for our sketch! Love the colors you've highlighted for this DSP, too - so fresh! Thanks so much for playing at TSOT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather. It was my pleasure to play at TSOT.

      Delete
  5. Love the pinwheel and the papers you chose to create it - so very effective. Great interpretation of the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin on Tuesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card, Karen. I've missed your creations each week here at Try Stampin' on Tuesday! I really like how your alternating squares create the colorful pinwheel! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us this week! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Donna. It HAS been awhile since I've played, hasn't it! I'm so glad I was able to enter this particular challenge.

      Delete
  7. Pretty card! Clever sketch interpretation and great use of the required colors. Thank you for playing along at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...