Saturday, January 27, 2018

Stampin' Up! Eastern Beauty

Thursday was our card group meeting and we also celebrated Sue's birthday. She got some lovely cards from the group and I forgot to take a picture of them and the group! BUT, I did get a photo of her cake!! You know where my mind runs...
It tasted as wonderful as it looked. Meg did a great job of picking it out from Publix bakery. That decorator earns his/her money!

Speaking of decorating, here are the cards we made...



Sue provided lunch and the card kits! I decided to CASE the third one today and enter it in Just Add Ink #393..."Colour"
 
Here you go...
The stamp set and dies can be purchased as a Bundle here. This set is so versatile and I haven't even begun to touch the tip of the iceberg with it. I think this is only the second time I've used it so I hope it sticks around for next year!

My card base is Whisper White and the mat is Crumb Cake. The Lemon Lime Twist strip is from the Eastern Palace DSP. I used Lemon Lime Twist and Tranquil Tide for my cut outs and Tranquil Tide for ink. The center circle is stamped with two stamps from the set. The center of the "flower" is a Gold Faceted Gem.

Thank you so much for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Whoa...that cake looks awesome!!! Oh, and pretty cards too...but your mind an mine work pretty similarly when it comes to cake. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum!! I'll take 8 slices. Make them really small, okay?!? And - love your card!! But...the cake. THE CAKE!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Amy and Mary...that cake was the BOMB! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you used the colours to accentuate all the beautiful ornate details of the Eastern Beauty stamps and dies Karen! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your use of the colours is so beautifully balanced, Karen. And I love how you've layered the medallion elements to highlight your sentiment too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really enjoyed seeing these cards done in the different colours. I really like the Lemon Lime Twist DSP - it's perfect for this card. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the use of the Lemon Lime Twist and the Tranqui Tide to make all your elements pop! Great card! Thanks for playing along and supporting us this week at Just Add Ink. Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...