Sunday, January 28, 2018

Stampin' Up! Birthday Delivery

What a fun card I made for a friend's birthday...I'll show you various aspects of it...
Back
Front


Looking inside


It's called a "card in a box" and it folds flat in a couple of ways to fit in an A2 envelope. Which way do you like better?



I think I like the first way better so it's more of a surprise when it's opened. It's my first try at this type of card so I hope my next one will be perfect and will take less time for the design and layout.

Not only is it for a friend, but it's for two challenges:


and


 In addition to watching the You Tube tutorial on TGIF, I watched these two videos to learn how to make it: Sandi MacIver Video #1 and Sandi MacIver Video #2. Both Carolyn Sander and Sandi provide the measurements needed.

I used quite a number of products to make this card and you can see them below. Everything is Stampin' Up! and current products with the exception of the chick and chicken and sentiment on the banner. Those are from last year's Sale-A-Bration and are called "Hey Chick" and "Honeycomb Happiness."

Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed my card.


Products Used:

Blender Pens
[102845]
$12.00
Glue Dots
[103683]
$5.25
Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

8 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Love the little critters popping out of the box all dressed in their birthday hats. She'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. I love making cards for her cuz she is the best "chick" evah!

      Delete
  2. Super fab card Karen!!!
    WOW!!!
    Thanks for trying out farm life with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous! I see we own the same Stampin' Up set! Thanks for playing at SoSS, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one you either like or not...I love it! Thanks for visiting, Dotty Jo...and Donna too!

      Delete
    2. I like it so much I came back for another viewing! Jo x

      Delete
  4. Oh I love these magic box cards, even when you've made one you still end up being amazed that something with so much dimension can actaully pack flat and go in an envelope. Great job, and that piggy is adorable. Thanks for joining in at SOSS
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was going to say pretty much what Jane above me said - these magic box cards are amazing that they pack flat for mailing. Your farm themed card is all sorts of adorable! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...