Sunday, October 29, 2017

Stampin' Up! Delicate Details


The above image is the foreshadowing of my card that I am entering in Just Us Girls Photo Week Challenge #417.

The stamp set I used is retired, but I love it and the quote I was able to use fits it perfectly. It is also perfect for the Alphabet Challenge "Q" for Quote.


The stamp set is Delicate Details, which was offered during the 2017 Sale-a-Bration at Stampin' Up. The 2018 promotion will be upcoming and you will see posts about it on my blog...stay tuned!

My card base is Thick Whisper White cardstock cut at 4 1/4" x 11, scored and folded at 5 1/2". I used my MISTI to stamp the lace three times in Memento Tuxedo Black.

Starting from the bottom, I sponged Wisteria Wonder onto the base. Next level up, I sponged Tranquil Tide. Third level was both of those inks. The top portion was sponged in Sahara Sand.

On white cardstock, I printed out the quote by Coco Chanel, "I consider lace to be one of the prettiest imitations ever made of the fantasy of nature." I sponged that with all three inks.

I used my Deco Labels Framelits (retired) to cut out the quote and the Wisteria Wonder mat.

Quick and easy card for this morning! Thanks for looking!



Product List

10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card with all that lace. I love the quote by Coco Chanel. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Just Us Girls!
    Judy~ JUGS DT and Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Judy! When I found that quote to go with my card, I was so happy. Had to type her name in brown because of cocoa ;-)

      Delete
  2. Really pretty! That is a great quote and I agree with Judy, that lace is amazing! Thanks for joining us over at JUGS this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was my pleasure to participate in your challenge.

      Delete
  3. Very Pretty, Karen! Love the rows of black lace - and your sponging is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love the lace trim images, perfect with the soft sponging on the background! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab sentiment, not come across that one before.
    Thanks for sharing at the Alphabet Challenge blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie. Google is a wonderful thing!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...