Sunday, September 24, 2017

Stampin' Up! Bella's Friend is Blue

is one of my challenges for today.


This card was easy for me to make in that I met the requirements of "circle, brads, stripes, dark blue and a bird." BUT it was not easy for me to do for 
 
not because of the sketch, but because it also had to be CAS. I have a thing about layers and totally covered space, but in CAS, you cannot do that! I think I succeeded though.

The colors are simple...monochromatic...Night of Navy and Whisper White! The stamp sets I used were Brushstrokes and Bella and Friends. The sentiment is from Vertical Greetings and the circles are a 1" punch for the bird and 1 3/8" for the stripes. The sentiment was cut out from the retired Word Bubbles.

If you are interested in any of the products I used, just click on the blue product links. Also, if you haven't visited the challenge sites, you can get to them by clicking on their blue links.

At the time of this posting, we are on our way to see the Mouse for a week. You will be seeing more food and wine than cards! We are celebrating our 48th wedding anniversary. I am taking a Paper Pumpkin kit, but don't tell my husband!! He thinks he only has to share me with Mickey!!!

Thanks for looking! 

9 comments:

  1. Cute card. Love the navy colour and the speech bubble. Great job combining the challenges. Thank you for joining us this week at Less is More. Trina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty, Karen! Love seeing the little Bella-bird peeking from his "porthole"!! Have fun with Mickey (envy) and enjoy your anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've achieved a very nautical look with your dark blue, stripes and a pirate bird! Thanks for joining us at As You See It this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, this is perfectly CAS! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly did succeed Karen! CAS-tastic is what I'd call this little beauty. The stripes actually remind me of a cage which goes pretty well with the bird image. Love that you kept the bird uncoloured. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for stopping by. It was my pleasure to join AYSI and LIM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Karen! For some reason, it made me think of Aladdin, maybe because the bird looks like the Disney version's Iago. You met all the collection requirements in a very simple way and kept it very clean! Well done! Thanks for joining us at As You See It Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! What a sweet little bird...I agree with Heather, it kind of looks like Aladdin's parrot...although I would not have been able to tell you it's name! Thanks for playing with our challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...