Thursday, March 14, 2024

Stampin' Up! Magnolia Mood Happy Birthday

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop...



I was inspired by the challenge at The Paper Players PP680. Jaydee I love the colors you chose! I loved them so much I made a second card! More on that at the end! AND the second one is also for our team blog hop challenge!

Let's take a closer look at how I used the colors, shall we?



My card base is Basic White. I cut a 3 3/4" x 5" mat of Basic Black with a die from the Garden Meadow Die Set. Next I cut a piece of  DSP from the Bright & Beautiful DSP 6" x 6" pack with the same die and adhered the arch panel into the open arch of the black.

I used Light Lemon Lolly, Light Bubble Bath and Light Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends to color the flower center, petals and leaves on the Basic White Cardstock I had cut with a die from the Magnolia Mood Die Set. I also cut out some leaves from Granny Apple Green Cardstock  using the same set.

After I did a dry fit, I stamped the sentiment from the Go To Greeting Stamp Set using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

For the inside...



another piece of DSP on which I stamped the sentiment from Go To Greetings.  I colored the magnolia stamp with my Bubble Bath and Granny Apple Green Stamp N Write Markers and used the no-longer-available Stamparatus to stamp the image.

Three Brushed Brass Butterflies finished the inside.

So, like I said above, I created another card because I thought it really fit our team challenge. 

I had cut out another magnolia but took the leaves off and colored the veins with a Bubble Bath Stamp N Write Marker and shaded it with the Light Bubble Bath Blends. Instead of metal butterflies, I used the Paper Accent Butterflies. The DSP is the same only Lemon Lime Twist color. I used one of the Stitched Shape Dies to cut the Basic Black Circle. I also used the "hello" from the Hello Ladybug Stamp Set and heat embossed it. I can't decide which one I like better. What do you think?

Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. I hope you enjoy all the creativity. Thank you for stopping by!


Amy Koenders
Mary Deatherage
Jaimie Babarczy
Karen Finkle - you are here!
Akiko Sudano
Karen Ksenzakovic
Tara Carpenter
Terry Lynn Bright
Carol Buckalew
Nel Thames

20 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Karen I love both of these beautiful cards! Beautiful coloring and I loved how you used the DSP! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just beautiful and a wonderful way to use our colors. Really like the black frame...it sets off the florals perfectly! Thanks for playing with Jaydee's colors this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like butterflies! Jiw

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful Karen! Love the colors and the layout is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy, for taking the time to comment when you are very busy at with traveling and OnStage!

      Delete
  5. Karen, I love how you used the colors and that delicate die-cut floral is gorgeous. Love the subtle changes in the background DSP, too. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week - and even happier that you loved the colors!
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaydee. I appreciate you stopping by to take a look see!

      Delete
  6. Oh Karen I LOVE both of these cards. The colors are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Karen, just gorgeous! I love the light shade of pink you chose for your flowers. The black background just makes your flowers pop! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black background is perfect for this beautiful flower. Thanks for showing us your beautiful creation and playing along with The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Winter Meadow Christmas Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's tak...