Thursday, February 29, 2024

Stampin' Up! Watercolor Melon for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop...

Today is the last day of Sale-A-Bration so I thought I would use the Watercolor Melon Stamp Set for the first and last time as a demonstrator! I can still use it any time I want as just a stamper!

Let's take a closer look, shall we?

My card base is Basic White 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2".

I cut a piece of Garden Green Cardstock 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and stamped it with the leaves from Watercolor Melon, tone on tone. I did it first and second generation. Next I ran it through my embossing machine with the Softly Sophisticated 3D EF which goes away after today.

Next I cut a strip of Sweet Sorbet Cardstock 2" x 5 3/8" and did the reverse effect of the 3D EF after I had stamped the seeds from Watercolor Melon using Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I adhered it to the card front with liquid glue.

On scrap Basic White, I stamped the whole watermelon in Garden Green Ink. I punched it out with the Modern Oval Punch. I had enough room on the scrap to stamp the watermelon slice with Garden Green ink and Sweet Sorbet ink. I used the single seed stamp instead of the 3 seed stamp. I punched that out with the Modern Oval too.

The "Just a Note" is from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set and is punched with the Dual Oval Punch.

The watermelon slice and sentiment are adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the inside...

I used the same stamp sets as the front and the same inks.

Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. I hope you enjoy all the creativity. Thank you for stopping by!
Amy Koenders
Mary Deatherage
Jaimie Babarczy
Karen Finkle - you are here!
Akiko Sudano
Karen Ksenzakovic
Tara Carpenter
Terry Lynn Bright
Carol Buckalew
Nel Thames

17 comments:

  1. I love this Karen :) Love that panel of Sweet Sorbet with the watermelon seeds and the embossing adds the perfect touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever! I love the leaves on the green and the seeds on the Sweet Sorbet. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Karen! I love all of the background stamping that you did and the texture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it Karen! Such a cute card, great colors and fun design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This looks so real...and delicious! Love that embossing folder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Karen! Love the bright colors and stamped and embossed strip. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun! Summer on a card - and we were on the same sheet of music this week, for sure! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Stippled Roses for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...