Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Stampin' Up! Heron Habitat Bookmarks

Good mid-week morning, peeps! I was in the mood to create a beachy scene with my bookmarks. This particular beach is not at the ocean, but rather a lake. Take a look see...


I'm not sure which one I like better...I think the one with the cattails. Along the lake in front of my house, we just have reedy grass but we do have the Sand Hill Cranes! There are four of them that walk around the lake. Two are the parents and two are the children. The one child has a broken wing and had a broken leg. Both are healing and the little guy can fly but not too high. 

I can still remember the first time I saw a Sand Hill Crane. At that point in time I was awestruck...23 years later I am still in awe. Their mating dance is quite the entertainment. They do put a lot of holes in my lawn and they also like to peck at the car and my window screens! The parents mate for life and take turns laying on their two eggs. Here's mom and pop in my friends' yard.


Their babies are nearby and so cute. Did you know the babies are called colts? They walk around the swales the day after they hatch and have to be wary of alligators, coyotes and bobcats. Yes, we have all of those in my community! We used to have a fox and peacock roam through our yard. Sand Hills can peck a hole in your chest too so beware of getting too close to that beak!! 

Back to my bookmarks...I used the Heron Habitat Stamp Set and Heron Dies for the bird, sentiment, cattails and tag. For the first bookmark I used the retired Sprig Punch for the reeds. The DSP is retired and for cardstock I used Cherry Cobbler and Garden Green. I colored the cranes and cattails with Stampin' Blends.

I'm entering my bookmarks in the Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge SOS476 She Sells Seashells.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll return for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop tomorrow.




8 comments:

  1. Seen my share of beautiful herons at the seashore!! They look great on a bookmark too!! Way to go shopping your stash...so glad you played along with our "she sells seashells" challenge over at SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bookmarks are really nicely done! I have never seen a Sandhill Crane but I know a wee bit south of us in Delaware, they occasionally make an appearance! Thanks for the nature lesson about them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun bookmarks ... so very glad you Shopped Your Stash for our She Sells Seashells Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stef, for your comment on behalf of SOS.

      Delete
  4. What beautiful birds! The bookmarks and the real thing. What a privilege to see them. Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time. x

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...