Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Stampin' Up! Let it Ride Birthday Card

Good mid-week day to you, my peeps! Have you recuperated from the holiday yet? Our community had a golf cart parade so that was very enjoyable. Speaking of rides, here's another method of transportation...


I made this criss cross fun fold card for my friend and upline, Mary Deatherage. If you are not familiar with her, she has two horses (Cerah and Cady) and one who passed over the Rainbow Bridge in 2017 (Bo). They are beautiful ladies and he was a handsome gent. They were the inspiration for my card, along with the Just Us Girls Challenge #639 - Mammals.
  
I was inspired by Rhonda Griffin as well. I'm also entering my card at Make the Cards Challenge #58 - Technique - Make a Fancy Fold, and Creative Creases Challenge #35 - Anything Goes with a Fun FoldI would be remiss not to give credit to Rhonda Griffin for my inspiration.

My card base is a sheet of Night of Navy cut at 4 1/4". I scored each piece at 5 1/2" and cut them at a diagonal from score to point. Then I adhered them together to make the criss cross fold. On a piece of not-so-white cardstock (Neenah Bright White) 4" x 5 1/4" that I had cut at a diagonal, I stamped Cerah and Cady in Soft Suede, along with the trees and the "for you" from the retired Let it Ride Stamp Set. Using my Stamparatus was very helpful in the stamping. Then I ran both pieces through my embossing machine with a retired embossing folder, Evergreen Forest 3D. 

I stamped the "just" from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set on a scrap of Neenah and cut it out with a die from Stylish Shapes. I adhered it to a circle of Night of Navy and adhered the side left portion to the front flap.

I stamped Bo on the inside and stamped the sentiment from the Charming Sentiments Stamp Set. I adhered that to a panel of Crumb Cake cardstock and glued that to the base. 

I had some horseshoe stickers that I used to indicate what birthday she was celebrating ... she freely admits her age so it's not like I'm telling tales out of school...lol.


I'm pretty sure Mary has butterflies floating around her property so I added a couple inside and five on the outside. These are the Brushed Brass Butterflies.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.


Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

14 comments:

  1. Cute! Now a golf cart parade sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Karen. I love the fun fold and that you carried the theme in the inside. Love the horseshoe sticker idea. Thanks for sharing this great card at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Nancy, for your comment on behalf of JUGs

      Delete
  3. Very nice fold, and love how the texture looks on the front of your card. Thanks for joining us at Make the Cards Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie. Congrats on the win at Creative Creases #35!

      Delete
  4. Such a great fun fold card, Karen! I know that Mary loved it. I really wanted this stamp set but don't know a soul with horses. Thanks again for playing with Creative Creases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty fancy fold design! Love neutral colors too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this style of card! Your clean and simple design is so nice too! Thanks for playing with us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card. I really love the background texture you have included as well as all of the other little details. Thank you so much for sharing your fancy fold card with us at Make the Cards Challenge and we hope that you can join us again soon.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Anna, for your comment on behalf of MTCC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...