Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Stampin' Up! Easter Friends Fun Fold

Well, here we are at mid-week again and not too far away from April 17, 2022, so I thought I'd get busy with my Easter cards. Today I used the Easter Friends Stamp Set and a fold called Triple Point. I saw this fold on Debbie Mageed's site and wanted to CASE it. My card on Friday will be one she made and sent to me for entering one of her challenges.

I started with a Basic White Thick card base 4 1/4" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4" so that it would fit in an A2 envelope.

I cut a piece of the retired Ever Eden Specialty DSP to 4" x 4" for the inside and another pattern 4" x 4". I also cut a piece of Basic White cardstock to 4" x 4".

On the front of the card base, I put a pencil mark at 2 1/8" and cut from that mark up to the right edge of the fold and the same on the left side. So, you end up with two triangles, which you want to save.

On the DSP that is going to be on the outside, put a pencil mark at 2" and cut on the diagonal like above. On the extra Basic White square, do the same. If you want, you can do away with the extra piece and just glue the two DSP triangles to the inner card base. I liked the raised look. So, I stamped "Happy Easter" on the white triangle. I adhered the two DSP triangles to the inside base and then glued the white triangle to fit.

For the outside, I took the big triangle and adhered it to the big triangle flap. Then with the remaining pieces of DSP and the triangles I had saved. I glued them to each other. I matched up the points at the bottom and adhered them to the big flap triangle.

Next I used the Tailored Tag Punch to punch out a Basic White tag for my image from Easter Friends, which I stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with my Light & Dark Daffodil Delight Blends. Then I punched another tag out of another pattern of DSP, cut it in half and adhered it to the back of the image tag. I adhered it to the points with Stampin' Dimensionals. I now wish I had used gold foil for the mat.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

Creative Creases #25 - Anything Goes with a Fun Fold


Watercooler Wednesday #334 - Helen's All About Occasions


Dream Valley Challenge #263 - 2 or more patterned paper

and Critter Crazies #59 - Anything Goes with a Featured Critter.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop tomorrow.



12 comments:

  1. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the Critter Crazy challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret, for commenting on behalf of CCC.

      Delete
  2. Cute little chick! Perfect image for Easter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totes Adorbs! Love this fold - and that little chick is too stinkin' cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I love this Easter card, Karen! You used the cutest stamp set in the new mini catalog. This fun fold makes such a statement and is my kind of fun fold - easy! :D Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous fancy fold card Karen. Your little chick pops from the centre. Thanks for joiming us at WWC this challenge. Tristan. DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tristan, for commenting on behalf of WWC.

      Delete
  6. What a pretty make!

    Thanks for playing along with our Challenge at Critter Crazy and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *Owner*Critter Crazy Challenges
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *DT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Doris, for commenting on behalf of Critter Crazy.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...