Saturday, January 15, 2022

Stampin' Up! Love & Happiness Engagement Card

Good Saturday morning, peeps! I'm a little behind the 8 ball this morning because I was looking for challenges to jump start my creativity. You see, this morning in southwest Florida it was 50 degrees when I woke up. My brain is not used to that so it needed to thaw! Here are the three challenges that inspired me:

Allsorts Week 659 Add a Heart

Alphabet Challenge "U" for unequal - e.g. big and small

Just Us Girls #615 Color Week


and here is what came out of my partially thawed brain...


My card base is thick Basic White cardstock. I cut a piece of the Silver Foil Specialty Pack and ran it through the Bouquet of Love Hybrid Embossing Folder with the big heart die in place. I adhered the panel with liquid glue and the heart with Stampin' Dimensionals.

Next I ran a scrap of Balmy Blue cardstock through my embossing machine with the smaller die from the dies that go with the coordinating folder.

Then I colored part of the sentiment from the Love & Happiness Stamp Set with my Balmy Blue Stampin' Write marker. It's a two line sentiment and I used the bottom part on the inside. So, when you use that technique, you have to "huff" on the stamp and I did that, applying it to a scrap of Basic White. I cut it out with a die in this bundle. I adhered both the heart with liquid glue and the sentiment with liquid glue on the left side and a Mini Dimensional on the right. Card front done!

For the inside...


I cut a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock and ran it through my embossing machine with the Timeworn Type 3D EF (retired). I wanted to leave space for the sender to write a little message.

Again, using the Stampin' Write Marker technique, I stamped the second line of the sentiment mentioned above and cut it out with the same die. I stamped the "couple" sentiment on scrap white and cut it out with the smaller heart die as on the front. If I were to remake this card, I think I would do the sentiments with silver heat embossing powder.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are entering a fun weekend. I am...I'm off to see the mouse tomorrow!


17 comments:

  1. Really love this stylish card Karin .. fab technique. Thank you for joining us this week at Allsorts challenge
    Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Pauline, for commenting on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete
  2. Karen... I have sympathy for you! I am on the Treasure Coast and feel like I am dying with the cold. Friends up north, of course, have no sympathy for us. I think you got off to a great start this morning. Love the embossed silver background... very dramatic! Thanks for joining us and sharing at Just Us Girls. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting on behalf of JUGS

      Delete
  3. Sweet card! Hope that you warm up a bit...our overnight temp is supposed to be 3 tonight. Yikes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, Karen! Thanks so much for this elegant take on the heart die cut and embossing! I especially like the inside sentiment!

    Not bad at all for a frozen cardmaker!! But up where I am: -2...New Hampshire...it's not even Wisconsin, for heaven's sake!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A sweet creation and lovely textures, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts 'Add a Heart' theme this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda, for commenting on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete
  6. No sympathy for your 'cold' weather. 3 degrees here this morning. Thanks for sharing your lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Karen!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great card Karen. I love the contrast with the silver background, and of course the large and small hearts! Thanks for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week, xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I chuckled at your 50* comment! It was 8* here in Buffalo last weekend! Lol! Your card is very pretty. I love the embossed silver cardstock. It looks like tin! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. I used to live in Albany so I'm very familiar with cold, snowy winters. Stay warm!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful - love the silver embossing.

    Thanks for joining us at the Cardz 4 Galz Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...