Sunday, September 12, 2021

Stampin' Up! Patriotic Card

Good Sunday morning, peeps. Today I'm reaching out to all SU demonstrators who visit my blog. I watched Leticia Hernandez (DIY Diva) on You Tube yesterday and she suggested we all put a request in the sandbox for SU to manufacture some patriotic stamps. We have none at the moment but there are retired ones. She made a bookbinding fold, created a flag design and used the retired Loyal and True Stamp Set. She and JAI inspired me to make a card, which I am entering in the Just Add Ink #571 Challenge - Just Add Lines. I used the same fold, different stamp companies, and created a flag with the actual number of stripes and stars. Take a look-see...


The sentiments on the front and the image on the inside are from the Joy Clair Heroes Stamp Set. The inside sentiment is from the Taylored Expressions Of Thee I Sing Stamp Set.  

I used the retired SU Confetti Stars Border Punch to get the 50 stars. I cut 7 Real Red cardstock 1/4" stripes and a Night of Navy cardstock 2 3/4" x 2 1/4" rectangle. I created the "flag pole" with the Simply Elegant Trim. It comes in a package of silver and gold. I thought the silver looked more like my flag pole I have in my yard. It stands flagless until after hurricane season.


A group of people put out mini flags at the entrance of our community as a remembrance tribute. Our flag is beautiful and I am proud to be an American. Therefore, I am on my way to the sandbox. Will my fellow demos join me?

I'm also submitting my card to these two partnering challenges:



Thank you for stopping by today...M & M's tomorrow!


28 comments:

  1. I’m impressed with your dedication to glue 50 stars on there in the right order! Great job! Beautiful and appropriate card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cool, I love this fold because it appears as a square card but is an A2 card... fantastic job on creating your flag on the front of your card and love the patriotic stamp on the inside. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Suzanne, for commenting on behalf of DT.

      Delete
  3. Karen, such a wonderful card! You put a lot of work into to creating it,,, and it shows! Thank you for sharing your card and love for our country with us at Double Trouble for our "fun fold" and "mascot colors" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Donna, for your comment on behalf of DT.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea to have a current patriotic stamp available! I love your flag card and am amazed at your patience with the stars!!! Great inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. It took me a long time to get those stars in order!

      Delete
  5. Fantastic patriotic card, Karen. Well done on getting all those stars in place :) Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patrice, for commenting on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  6. A great card - it must have taken some time to place all the stars. I really love the stamping on the inside. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Chantell, for commenting on behalf of JAI. Yes, it took quite awhile to make the card.

      Delete
  7. Wow, great work of patience here Karen. The result is beautiful though.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card!!! I'm so happy you would make a card to thank for the service of someone in the military. Thank you for joining us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful fun fold card, Karen! You put so much work into this but it was well worth it. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie...it did take quite awhile with those stars!!

      Delete
  10. What a beautiful card, Karen! I come from a military family with 110 years of combined service so appreciate your work to create this. Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble #92. (My father served in the military for 30 years, two brothers served 20 years each, my husband served 20 and my son served 20.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie. Thank them all for me for their service.

      Delete
  11. Karen, I love your card, a true winner on all your challenge entries. You sure have patience to put all the little stars on.๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿงก

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shirley. It was a chore but I was delighted with the end product.

      Delete
  12. First of all, I love your big bold flag! I recently saw a video using the book binding card layout and now I want to try it. Thanks for playing along with us at Double Trouble Papercrafting Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...