Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Stampin' Up! Expressions in Ink Birthday Card

Here we are again at that old familiar place...mid-week! It won't be long and it will be mid-month too! For my card today, I'm celebrating what some see as a mid-life crisis. I hope my card brings the recipient joy on such a somber occasion..LOL! 


The design was inspired by  Tuesday Morning Sketches #622.

I'm also entering my card at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper September 2021 ChallengeThrough the Craft Room Door - ATG and 4thly, The Paper Players: PP557 where LeAnne has a "number" challenge.

My card base is Thick Basic White with an embossed mat (Tasteful Textile 3D) of Evening Evergreen. I cut a piece of Expressions in Ink Specialty Designer Series Paper of one pattern and another strip of a different pattern. I adhered everything together with liquid glue. Measurements are listed below.

Next I used the Ornate Frames Dies to cut the frame for that unmentionable number! The frame is cut from the Brushed Metallic Paper. The number is cut from the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper using the Playful Alphabet Dies. I adhered the frame to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals and the numbers with liquid glue. I cut the "happy" with retired dies. (There are new ones in the Words of Cheer Bundle!)  Four Champagne Basic Jewels finished the card front.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a great rest of the week.

Measurements:

Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11", folded and scored at 5 1/2"

Embossed Mat: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"

DSP: 4" x 4 1/2"

DSP Strip: 1 3/4" x 5 3/8"

Frame: 2 1/2" x 2 1/2"

Scrap for numbers 

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

22 comments:

  1. Love the sparkly paper! Great layering. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty card, Karen. Even if it is 40. Your card will make the change easier for the recipient, I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely card, great colours. Thanks for joining TTCRD challenge. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anesha, for commenting on behalf of TTCRD.

      Delete
  4. A very classy “mid-life” birthday card that won’t make the recipient feel old! Good job with a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background paper is so pretty and pairs really well with the gold.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not think I could manage that sketch, but you nailed it! Those background papers are GORGEOUS! I am sure this will cheer up the recipient, despite that "40" on there! Thanks so much for playing with my challenge this week at the Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh 40 or what I call '29 again' :) ! I love the richness of this look with the greens and gold! If you've got to be the number you might as well celebrate with a lovely card like this! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amanda, for commenting on behalf of TPP.

      Delete
  8. The green and gold are great together! Glad you played along with our sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea, for your comment on behalf of TMS.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful, Karen! This paper is so stunning and dramatic, and this sketch showcases it so well. If I could turn back the clock 30 years, I would LOVE to have received a card like this one on my 40th birthday. I am sure the recipient will love it, too! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ann. I appreciate your comment on behalf of TPP.

      Delete
  10. I hear an echo!! LOL that paper is really pretty and 40 ain’t nothin’!!!! Thanks so much for creating with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti. I totally agree...70 is the new 40! It was fun to create with TMS.

      Delete
  11. Wonderful card! I thought you did some alcohol ink blending - what great paper. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melissa, for your comment on behalf of TMS. I did try the alcohol blending but it didn't turn out as beautifully as this paper.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...