Friday, August 27, 2021

Stampin' Up! Party Puffins Happy Birthday

 TGIF, peeps! Y'all know I love Mystery Challenges, right? Uh huh, I sure do! My card today was created from Sharon Armstrong's challenge of August 23.


This is my fourth card for the mystery stamping. I haven't posted the other three yet! This one was inspired by Inspired By!

Measurements and instructions:

Thick Basic White Cardstock for Base: 4 1/4" x 7 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/2". This creates the top flap.

DSP from Pattern Party 4" x 1 1/2"; adhere to top flap

Basic White Cardstock: 2 3/4" x 4" (center art panel) stamped with sentiments and fish

Adhere to Pumpkin Pie Cardstock 3" x 4 1/4"

Using Stampin' Dimensionals, adhere penguin punched with Penguin Builder Punch using the penguin in the Penguin Playmates Designer Series Paper

Basic White: 4 1/4" x 2 1/4" for bottom flap (do not glue to card base!)

DSP for bottom flap: 4" x 2", adhere to BW above (do not glue to card base!!)

Adhere top portion of art piece to top flap and bottom portion to the bottom flap you just created

I warned you about the bottom flap because a number of participants glued it to the base! It only gets glued to the bottom of the center panel. If you don't participate in mystery stamping then you might not see how this could possibly happen.

For the inside, make sure the stamps stay within the confines of that center panel!


I think the Party Puffins Stamp Set is so cute! I did not get the Penguin Place Stamp Set and I'm beginning to wonder why!!

I'm entering my card at the Three Muses: Something Fishy,  Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August 2021 and As You Like It Favourite Wild Animal & Why. My favorite wild animal is the penguin because I love the way they waddle and they are just so cute in their tuxedos. 

Did you know penguins are flightless birds adapted to living at sea? Some species spend 75% of their time in the water. Did you know Nancy at Seize the Birthday Challenge #221 picked the theme "By the Sea"?  I did!

Thank you for stopping by today and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. I'll get back to you quicker than a penguin can waddle.


"There is no better proof of friendship than to help our friends with their burdens."
Augustine

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

19 comments:

  1. I adore your sweet penguin and his fishy friends, such a fun design on your card and something a bit different. I can see that you would have to think before adhering. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! Love the little penguin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totes adorbs!! :) Really like this fold, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very cute card. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elaine, for commenting on behalf of AYLI.

      Delete
  5. What a creative way to interpret our Toppings option! The penguin is so cute and the little cake in the inside matches perfectly with him! Thank you so much for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting on behalf of STB.

      Delete
  6. Karen, I have never met a penguin, or puffin, I didn't love! Your little guy is as cute as he can be, and I adore your sentiment! Thanks so much for sharing your inspired card with us!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting on behalf of IB

      Delete
  7. Great card design and cute penguin. Love your split card design. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnn, for your comment on behalf of STB.

      Delete
  8. How adorable is this little guy with his fish? I love your fun fold and the hidden sentiment, SO cute and fun for the recipient! Thank you for inspiring us @ IB this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Danni, for commenting on behalf of IB.

      Delete
  9. Oh what an adorable card. The little penguin is so cute and the sentiment sweet.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...