Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Stampin' Up! Sailing Home and High Tide Birthday Card

I used product from the Come Sail Away Suite and the High Tide Stamp Set to create a masculine birthday card for you today. 


I was inspired by a card I had printed out awhile ago. I changed the papers and ink colors but wish I could give credit to the designer of the "bridge fold".

Measurements will be listed at the bottom of my post.

I stamped the lighthouse in Pacific Point ink and colored it with my Light and Dark Smoky Slate Blends. I colored the grass with my Light Old Olive Blends. The sailboats are stamped in Gray Granite Ink and colored with Light and Dark Crumb Cake Blends. I cut them out with the matching dies. I cut off the water that was underneath the boats as I didn't like how they looked on the water that I created with a stamp from High Tide using Balmy Blue ink. I sponged the sky in Seaside Spray. I was really pleased with the sky! The birds from Sailing Home are stamped in Gray Granite. I cut half a sun out of a scrap of So Saffron and adhered it to the edge to give the appearance of motion. 

The piece across the bottom is another scrap of Tranquil Textures DSP (retired) that I ran through my embossing machine with the Subtles 3D EF. I adhered that to a strip of Night of Navy and ran a piece of the twine from the suite through an anchor, also from the suite and taped the ends to the back of the strip.

Next I adhered all my cut pieces to the card front. I love a bridge card fold and for this one, I put the sentiment on the back side. It comes from the So Sentimental Stamp Set and it's stamped in Night of Navy. I think it's adhered a little crookedy but the recipient is very forgiving! The stamp may even be crooked even though I used my Stamp-a-ma jig (retired).


I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

  1. Through the Craft Room Door: Anything Goes
  2. Cards 4 Guyz Challenge  #242: On, In or By the Sea
  3. Repeat Impressions Inspiration Palette Challenge ~ A1520
  4. Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes #434-#435

Thanks for stopping by and if you have any questions, just let me know. I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our weekly Thursday Happy Inkin' Blog Hop.


Measurements:

Night of Navy Base - 8" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 1 1/4", 2 1/2", 5 1/2", and 6 3/4"

Night of Navy strip: 5 1/2" x 1 1/4"

Very Vanilla for art panel and sentiment panel: 2 13/16" x 4" (2); scraps for boats and lighthouse

DSP Strips: 1" x 4" (4)

Partial Product List

18 comments:

  1. Fantastic card Karen! Love the nautical theme. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful nautical card, like your fold too! Glad you joined us at The House That Stamps Built!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool card - love that suite and the fold is really fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I love the perspective with the lighthouse in front. It's a pretty scene. Thanks for joining us at Cardz4guyz. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card love the theme for a birthday. Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous card! This is such a fun fold (I've yet to try it, but it is definitely on the list!) and it works perfectly to create an ocean scene like this. Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather...wait til you see upcoming folds...lol.

      Delete
  7. Brilliant, I love your bridge card, great papers and focal image. Thanks for joining our challenge at
    Cardz 4 Guyz. Caz. D.T.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is beautiful!!! Look forward to having you join us again at the Cardz4Guys blog. Stay healthy! Stay safe! Stay crafty!

    Hugs,
    Mary Ellen, C4G DT
    Blog- https://www.creativetimewithme.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome card - and I love fun folds - and this is no exception. Great job. Thanks for joining us over at The House that Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Shirley, for leaving a comment and stopping by.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...