Monday, January 6, 2020

Stampin' Up! Sailing Home Retirement Card

Did you survive the weekend? Good! I did too. I managed to spend some time in the craft room and made a retirement card. Want to see it? Good again!


I used the Sailing Home Stamp Set, Smooth Sailing matching dies and Subtle 3D Embossing Folder to create my card. Bring on those warm/hot summer days of sailing! Oh, that's a challenge at Double Trouble Paper Crafting: Challenge #47 "Hot or Cold". I'm playing with Thing 1 and Thing 3. The thought of the sun warming up this day is a welcomed thought. It is 42 degrees in southwest Florida this morning! It didn't take long for my coffee to get cold!!


Let's refresh my memory so I can tell you more.


My card is a CASE of one of my team mates, Kristi Gray. I changed the color of the scalloped circle mat behind the sentiment and the Come Sail Away DSP on which it is adhered. I also embossed the Night of Navy (NoN) mat but it is quite subtle :-)

I adhered my DSP mat to the Sahara Sand mat. I had scraps of paper just the right size in my stash. I didn't have a scrap of Sahara Sand large enough for the scalloped mat (from Layering Circles Dies) but I did have a scrap of Crumb Cake...close enough for government work is what I always used to say when I worked for NYS.

The sentiment is stamped on a scrap of Whisper White using NoN ink. It is cut out with one of the Stitched Shapes Dies. I adhered it to the scalloped mat and adhered that to the DSP mat. 

I stamped the two small sailboats in Memento Ink and colored them with Balmy Blue Blends and NoN Blends. I cut them out with the Smooth Sailing Dies and adhered one with liquid glue. I then adhered the DSP strip and ran the twine around twice, securing it on the back of the mat with tape. Next I adhered the entire panel to the card base. The forward boat is attached with Dimensionals.

The steering wheel helm is cut from a scrap of Sahara Sand using a die from Smooth Sailing and adhered with liquid glue. With the leftover scrap of twine, I made a bow and attached it with a glue dot.

The inside sentiment is one I found on the internet so I printed it out on a lighter piece of card stock in NoN and sponged the edge with NoN after I cut it out with one of the retired Deco Labels. I also stamped "Congrats" in Crumb Cake.


I've been retired for 20 years now and it truly is a special time. It never gets old...unlike me!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope to show you a card tomorrow that is mere joy.

Measurements in inches:
Card base: Whisper White 5-1/2 x 8-1/2, scored at 4-1/4
Mat: Night of Navy 5-1/4 x 4
Mat: Sahara Sand 3-5/8 x 4
Scrap of Crumb Cake for scalloped circle mat
Scrap of Whisper White for Stitched Circle
Scrap of Sahara Sand for Steering Wheel
DSP Mat: 3-1/2 x 4
DSP Strip:  1 x 4-3/4
Twine: 18"

Partial Product List

9 comments:

  1. Awesome retirement card!! Love the Sailing Home bundle and Come Sail Away DSP!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! Love the colors and mix of designer series paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely stunning. You have layered it up so beautifully Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a handsome retirement cards, love all the embellishments you gave your lovely layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Karen! Thank you for playing along at Double Trouble #47.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...