Friday, December 13, 2019

Stampin' Up! To A Wild Rose Appreciation Card

TGIF peeps! Remember yesterday when I told you I made a card for the Thursday hop but I used the incorrect color? Well, this is what I had made...

Do you see how close Gray Granite is to Smoky Slate? I just love those two neutrals with the new 2019-2021 In Colors.

Watercooler Wednesday: WWC251 - Dawn's All About Occasions is where I'm playing again today. 
Is there someone in your life whom you appreciate but don't often let them know? If so, this card is perfect for that occasion.




I used the To a Wild Rose Stamp Set to create my flower in Rococo Rose and the leaves in Gray Granite.

I cut a circle out of the Whisper White mat with the Layering Circle dies. Then I dry embossed the mat with the Country Floral 3D embossing folder. I colored the two corner roses with my Light and Dark Rococo Blends.

I dry fit the flower and leaves, took a picture, and then adhered them to the embossed mat with liquid glue.

With the cut out circle, in Gray Granite ink, I stamped the sentiment from the Flourishing Phrases Stamp Set. I lined up the mat with the top of the card base but a little offset from the sides, made light pencil marks around the circle and then adhered the circle in that spot. I put Dimensionals on the embossed mat and adhered it to the card base.

I added three of the smallest In Color Faceted Dots to the sentiment circle, embossed mat and said, "Fini"!

Now, to fini the inside...

I ran a mat of Rococo Rose card stock through my Big Shot with the Subtle 3D Embossing Folder. I punched the corners with the Detailed Trio punch and adhered it to the base with liquid glue.

In Gray Granite, I stamped the sentiment from Flourishing Phrases on a piece of Whisper White and cut it out with a die from the Wild Rose dies set. I ran my Gray Granite Stampin' Write Marker around the edges so that it would stand out more and adhered it with mini dimensionals. Et fini!

Not sure if I'm meant to order the Parisian Beauty Bundle in the upcoming Mini Catalog but I know I have to have the Parisian Blossoms Specialty Designer Series Paper. Wait 'til you see those products that you'll be able to order January 3.

Thank you for stopping by today and if you are visiting from France, merci and  a demain! (sorry about the lack of a grave accent mark!).

  

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen! The pink and gray color combination is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!! Gray Granite is so pretty with the Rococo Rose!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Karen :) I especially love the way you did your inside. I may have to CASE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Karen. Love the different textures you've created with the embossing folder and dies cut flowers. Love how you've coloured a few of the embossed flowers. Thanks for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Karen! I love the combination of inking, EF and the die cut window for your sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...