Monday, December 23, 2019

Stampin' Up! Ribbon of Courage Cancer Card

Monday morning...can we trust that day? I don't know about you, but I am overwhelmed by the fact that it's the day before Christmas Eve day and that Hanukkah began yesterday. Seriously, where did 2019 go?

For some it went with an awful diagnosis of colorectal and lymphoma cancer. I am in awe of the courage it takes to get through any cancer diagnosis and the treatments it takes to keep it in remission, if one is so fortunate. One of my customers asked me to create a card for such an occasion. I couldn't make up my mind how I wanted to use the dark blue (colorectal) and light green (lymphoma) colors so I made three from which she can choose.


I used the retired Ribbon of Courage Stamp Set and current Support Ribbon Dies. Working with Night of Navy is tough. The ribbon almost looks black. I used Granny Apple Green ink for the sentiment and retired Lemon Lime Twist for the flap, mat and small embossed heart. The strip of DSP is from the Floral Bouquet series. The hearts are stamped and embossed with Versamark Ink and White Emboss Powder and die cut with the Support Ribbon Dies.

For the second card, I used the retired 2017-2019 In Color Fresh Floral DSP in Lemon Lime Twist, with Night of Navy mat and ink.



For the third card, I used Granny Apple Green and Blueberry Bushel. I can see now from the photo that the closure flap is Lemon Lime Twist!


The inside is the same for each card...

The camera REALLY shows the difference between Granny Apple and Lemon Lime!


If you have any questions on how this is made, just leave me a comment with your email address and I'll get back to you asap. In the meantime, thanks for stopping by today.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty cards for a very serious need. I'm so sorry that it is required. Regardless of which one she chooses - it will bring a smile to the recipient! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. She chose the mostly navy one and now needs a pink one :-(

      Delete
  2. Great make! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great set of cards, Karen! So special with a wonderful message! Well done!! Thanks so much for joining us at HLS Dies Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...