Friday, September 13, 2019

Stampin' Up - Painted Glass Birthday Card

Today I decided I wanted to play with Carole's alcohol inks that I inherited. I also wanted to make a birthday card for a friend whose Memory Box Reverse Butterfly Collage Craft Die I borrowed a long time ago. When I borrowed it, I cut out a number of panels so I would have them for future use.

Here is the card front...


The challenge requires a style and mine is CAS (Clean and Simple)...not my norm until the back ordeal!

So, obviously, I had this particular butterfly die cut panel done in Basic Black. I took a piece of glossy photo paper and swiped it with "aqua" alcohol ink. Then I cut it to the size of the black panel and adhered them together. I adhered that to a retired Tempting Turquoise card base that was pre-cut. How simple is that?

For the inside, I used one of Carole's stippling brushes and a stamp from the Painted Glass Stamp Set. All that was done in Tempting Turquoise Ink, which is retired. 


Thank you for stopping by today to look at my quick and easy card...as long as you have the right supplies! If you don't have the Memory Box die, you could use this Butterfly Beauty Dies.


2 comments:

  1. This is so striking and beautiful! Love the CAS design and how you framed it with the turquoise! We are thrilled that you joined us at The Card Concept and hope you can play along again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...