Thursday, July 11, 2019

Stampin' Up! Good Morning Magnolia Thinking of You Card for Happy Inkin'


Today I am using the Good Morning Magnolia Stamp set and matching Magnolia Memory Dies to create my card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop. I'm so glad you stopped by and hope you will continue on the hop after you view my card. It's a color challenge for us this week and I couldn't be happier with the colors.

Image may contain: text


I'm writing my post a little differently today and if you prefer my old way, let me know in a comment, please. *I have updated this post with measurements, etc., at the end.

Ingredients:

Basic Black Card Stock
Petal Pink Card Stock
Magnolia Lane Designer Series Paper
Stitched Rectangle Dies
Take Your Pick Tool
Stampin' Pierce Mat
Detailed Trio Punch
Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set
Magnolia Memory Dies
Petal Pink Ink Pad
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink Pad
Whisper White Medium Envelopes
Clear Block Bundle

This is the inside, along with the envelope front.





Here's the back of the envelope with a different piece of Magnolia Lane DSP.


I must say, this is my favorite bundle and colors! If you would like measurements and instructions, please leave me a comment and I'll send them to you if there is an email address.

PCC343: Designer Choice Challenge is where I'm entering my card today

Thank you for joining me today. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Eva Dobilas. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to that team member.



Karen Finkle - you are here!

Update: July 13, 2019 per request of several readers, I am adding the measurements/assembly.


Basic Black Card Base – 4.25” x 11”, scored and folded at 5.5”
Choose the dies you want for your frame and sentiment mat. For my frame I used the one that measures approximately 3 3/8” x 4 3/4” and for the mat the one that is approximately 1 3/4" x 3 1/4"
Cut 2 buds out of corresponding  DSP with bud die from Magnolia Memory Dies or if you are ambitious or don’t have the DSP, you can stamp the bud, color it and then cut it out with the die. If you don’t have the die set, you can fussy cut everything!
Stamp big magnolia in Memento Tuxedo Black and color with Blends of your choice. I used Petal Pink and Mossy Meadow because of the challenge – cut out with big die from Magnolia Memory Dies
Assembly:
Adhere the outer frame.
Stamp the Hello on the DSP mat, center in the frame and adhere.
Put dimensionals on the large magnolia and place it where you want making sure you can tuck the buds underneath and adhere those with liquid glue or glue dots

17 comments:

  1. Very pretty layering Karen! Great framing and design. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love this suite, too! I like this way - but it's nice to have the measurements, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I agree. I need to write them down as I go along. For this one, I was just in a hurry to meet the challenge deadline...lol.

      Delete
  3. Such a beautiful package! Love your card. Those dies are great. And your flower is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, this is one of my favorite stamps and dsp!
    I like to see the measurements too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kate, for responding about including the measurements.

      Delete
  5. Love your layering on this card. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo Pretty. Just can't miss with this suite. I'll pin this to make later and the measurements in it now would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will do the measurements later today. Thank you, Susan.

      Delete
  7. This is so beautiful Karen!!!! Love all the framing you did and your coloring is perfect!!! Gorgeous design and love how you made your customized your own envelope!!! I keep forgetting to do that every time!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eva. I rarely do the envelope flap but don't tell Mary. She does not like nekkid envelopes...lol. It does help to use up DSP though!

      Delete
  8. Gorgeous card! Thank you for joining the Paper Craft Crew this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card!!! Thanks for sharing how you made this card - I really want to CASE it. GlendaJ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this card it never lets you down always turns out very nice Thanks June 🙏

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...