Friday, March 22, 2019

Stampin' Up! Birthday Delivery

I was asked by a friend to make a birthday card for her 3 year-old niece. So, I combined some retired products with current and here's what happened...



I arrived at the idea for my card through Jan B. My characters are die cut and fussy cut from the Birthday Memories DSP, which is retired. They are mounted with Dimensionals on Color Theory DSP, which is also retired. The balloons are die cut using the retired Birthday Friends Framelits. Even though these dies are retired, I love them because they cut out the images on the DSP so perfectly. There are dies for the baker, girl, fox, flag banner, poodle, cake and a cupcake. The paper is so much fun. I'm entering this card in the As You Like It challenge site. I haven't played there in over a year...don't know why! ModSquad and Allsorts have a die challenge also.


The sentiment is from the current Paper Pumpkin kit and I am so delighted that I ordered that particular kit. It was a double stamp kit and perfect for my card.

The strings for the balloons are the current Old Olive Linen Thread, which I hope will be carried over to the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog.


The ribbon covering the seam of the two pieces of DSP is Old Olive 3/8″ Mini Chevron Ribbon. I had it in my current stash but I guess it's no longer available.



For the inside, I used more stamps from the March 2019 Paper Pumpkin kit. I fussy cut a cake from the Birthday Memories DSP and it just happened to have 3 candles on it! Perfect!! The cake die that is in the framelits set didn't fit this particular cake.





Thank you so much for stopping by and I hope you thought my card was fun for a three year old. She can count how many things of 3 she sees!


If you have any questions about measurements or anything, please ask in a comment. I know these products are out there for sale and I might be willing to part with what I have!


8 comments:

  1. What a cute card, and I love the idea of the "threes"! You know I love things in threes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! I'm sure that she'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this paper. I am still hoarding some. Love your card

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very sweet. The little girl is so cute. Thanks so much for joining us at As you like it.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...