Sunday, April 15, 2018

Stampin' Up! Picture Perfect Birthday

Today is my husband's 75th birthday and instead of spending it at Disney like we planned, we are spending it at the cancer center getting his 4th infusion of antibiotics. I hope his infection gets under control AND I hope this card will brighten his day!



Because of the colors, I am entering it in Seize the Birthday - Topping - Vibrant Colors. Also, #201 Happy Birthday Aud Sentiments is another challenge in which it will participate. I love the DSP on this card! 

My card base is Whisper White. The DSP is adhered to a Basic Black mat. I wrapped a piece of Bermuda Bay 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon around the mat/art panel and tied a "faux bow" to it.

The sentiment is from Picture Perfect Birthday, stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black on an oval cut from Stitched Shape Framelits. It's adhered with dimensionals. I also put 3 Tutti Fruiti Adhesive Backed Sequins on it.

Then with Tombow glue, I adhered the mat/art panel to the card base at an angle.

My card was a CASE of Mary Fish. Hope you enjoyed and thanks for stopping by. 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment, Billie.

      Delete
  2. What a cute card! Love that designer paper and the tilted panel! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy, for the time you take out of your busy day to stop by and leave a comment.

      Delete
  3. Certain sure to make him feel better! Love the design.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Julie. I love it when you stop by even if there is one iota of Lemon Lime Twist involved.

      Delete
  4. I love that you were going to Disney for his 75th birthday but so sorry that plans were changed due to his infection. I have always wanted to go to Disney but as of yet haven't made it there. I know how your husband (and you) feel about missing out. I have spent alot of time in the hospital over the last 46 years of my life. I was born with a congenital heart defect and wasn't supposed to live through my teens!! 11 years ago, at the age of 34, I received a heart and double lung transplant. Had an extremely rough road afterward but I can honestly say I am doing well and have finally got to travel and do a few things on my bucket list. Just a few weeks ago we traveled to New Hampshire to go snowmobiling and zip lining in the mountains. I LOVED it!!!!! Anyway, your card is beautiful and I hope it cheers up your husband and I hope you are able to make it to Disney. I'm still saving but maybe some day I will get there. From one stampin' sister to another I am sending hugs and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lisa, for stopping by and leaving a comment. I thankful that your heart and lung transplants were so successful. I can't imagine going through that. We used to snowmobile up noth...such fun! Zip lining...well, that's not even on our bucket list :-) Hope you'll stop for a visit again.

      Delete
  5. Great CAS card, Karen! Love this DSP - so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card, Katen! Am sending prayers that your hubby's infection will clear up. Cancer centers are not the place you want to spend your birthday. My hubby has pancreatic cancer & we spend a day a week at our center. We are so lucky to have one close by & such amazing Drs. & nurses there. They make this journey a lot easier. Good luck & Happy Birthday to your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great birthday card. I hope it brightened your hubby's day.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your husband feels better soon. The card you made should definitely cheer him up
    Thanks for joining us in our 8th Birthday celebration at Aud Sentiments
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...